1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn Cabinet question???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamzcl, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I have a Sunn Beta 202 w/ 2x12's and can't find a date on it (other than the warranty date that expired on March of '81)

I've been all over the net and can't find any particular info on this cabinet and when they were made....I'm guessing early to mid '70's?? :meh:

Thanks for any info

2. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    i think it's safe to assume that the warrenty was only a few years long so the cab might be late 70's. the speaker inside might have a manufacturing date, you might also beable to e-mail sunn with the serial number.

3. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I replaced the original speakers back in about '82 with Pyle Drivers

....the old speakers went down the river in the Flood of '93 here in Iowa :(

4. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    How does that cab sound for bass?

5. Uncle_Arby

Uncle_Arby

Jan 19, 2012
    Ellijay, GA
    I have been using a Sunn Beta 202 cab for my bass rig for a long time now and it really stands up to everything I throw at it and sounds great. Especially since I paid $20 for it.

6. emdsd

emdsd Mongo only pawn in game of music!

Feb 25, 2010
    Boyne City, Michigan
    My Sunn Beta Bass 1x15 combo was purchased new in 1976!?
    Unfortunately the amp doesn't work - I've been told the components to repair are no longer available. It was a nice amp I used for a lot of years.

7. arthur31686

arthur31686

Mar 7, 2011
    Exact same thing happened to me. What a bummer. The 115 works as a good practice cabinet though. I've never opened it up so I'm not sure if the speaker is original or not.

8. I bet substitutes are available. Never found an old amp I couldn't repair for this reason.

9. emdsd

emdsd Mongo only pawn in game of music!

Feb 25, 2010
    Boyne City, Michigan
    It has been a few years since i checked...might be worth having it looked at again!