1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Smash Brother Brawl - Who's getting it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Mar 6, 2008.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Who's getting a copy of Smash Bros. Brawl? I know I am. I'll be in line for the midnight release. :D

I want to see who else plans on getting it for their Nintendo Wii. Maybe we could organize an unofficial TB Smash Bros. Tournament! :ninja:

2. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I'll be putting my Brawl number up when i get it in the mail.

Shiek all the wayz.

3. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    I live in damn Europe, and can only play the Japanese version on chiped Wii so far... I don't get Japanese though. But the game is awesome enough! I'll naturally buy the Europpeian when it is released, but that's not before about July or similar. ;<

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Believe they said May for EU.

5. We've got a pre-order in. I'm not die-hard enough to wait in line at midnight, but I'll definitely pick it up Sunday morning.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I was asking my friend on Tuesday when this came out. I may go pick it up, but I'm thinking about selling my Wii. The one I'm stoked about is Mario Kart! :hyper:

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I think four or five kids on my floor are getting it during the midnight-release.

So, if all goes poorly on Saturday night and I spend the night alone, at least I can play Brawl.

8. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I live three blocks from the store I pre-ordered it at.

I would've been up all night doing something else anyway. :D

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Midnight release? No.

I will buy it though. My wife and I spent countless hours on the GameCube version.

10. I'll probably get it at the midnight release.

Assuming Lucas plays like Ness....prepare to be owned. That's all I gotta say. I'm down for a TB smash bros. tourney.

I really want to try out Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer (shut up), Sonic, and, of course, Solid Snake.

An acquaintance of mine (friend of a friend) was a semi-pro Brawl player. He's gone to various tournaments and made some decent moolah off of it, could've made better if the big gaming organizations did more tournaments with it. When he played as "his" character (Yoshi), he never lost to any of his friends. Ever.

Edit: Looks like Ness is an unlockable character. Sweet.

11. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Until they add Boo to a Smash Bros. game... I'll just have to mop the floor with all of you using either Samus or Meta-Knight. ;)

12. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    No set date for Europe (not EU doh) so far. Only one slip, and that said autumn which was quickly confirmed as incorrect. Though I don't doubt Europe will get it closer to the autumnside of summer than springside.

Semispoiler;
    I'm guessing these three toptiers by the way (played the game a lot by now); Meta Knight, Pit and Sonic. Perhaps Squirtle will be on the tier one step below along with Fox, Diddy and Falco/Marth. Havent tried Wolf though. Or Cel-Shaded Link.
    Also I think it'll be made a new and more elaborate tiersystem :p

13. i'm def looking forward to it.........yet i'll have to wait till i get home, where my wii is, as I'm up at uni. but yea, considering how good i'm seeing myself getting at melee, I think I'll probably stand a good chance of holding my own in brawl

14. ness?? blech! too sluggish for me

15. I heard that there will be a Super Smash Brother Brawl tournament at a GameStop around here.

16. I'm completely excited for it. I've had it pre-ordered since sometime in the summer of 2007. I won't go for the midnight release, but I'll be there Sunday morning.

17. I will say the hype around this game has been exciting and disappointing as well. For a long time, it was highly rumored that Geno from Super Mario RPG would be in the game...he isn't. :bawl:

I mean, seriously. Geno would be awesome.

I'm also disappointed to see that Captain Falcon is an unlockable character, I was hoping I would never have to hear "Falcon PUNCH!" ever again.

18. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Yeah Geno would've been cool. Not as good as Megaman though...

19. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'm just getting a Gamecube and Melee. :)

20. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    I am all over this game. i will not be standing inline at the gamestop in northeast dc at midnight to get it. i can wait until the morning