1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SuperBass Charts

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Farin, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Does anyone have any Ray Brown SuperBass, or SuperBass style charts? Im looking to be a Bass Duo or Trio for a Jazz Studio class I'm taking. I was actually looking for Blue Monk and the SuperBass Theme or anything else.
    Thanks

2. Brent Nussey

Brent Nussey

Jun 27, 2001
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hi Farin.

When I was your age, I played in a little concert with a bass trio exactly like you're talking about. What I did was to lift one of the tunes off the original Superbass album (this was with John Clayton and Ray Brown on multitracked basses, before CMB made it a trio) called "one armed bandit" IIRC. It's a very simple tune. Then I just created an arrangement to feature each guy, copying the general Superbass concept, but not the exact arrangement, so I could tailor it to the strengths of the guys I was playing with.

I'm sure you could do the same.

Brent

3. tgrant

tgrant

Nov 7, 2005
    Middletown, VA
    Farin,

There was a transcription of Centerpiece in one of the issues of bass player magazine. I think it was back in 2000 but I might be wrong. I'll have to go home and look.

Tim