Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT-4 dead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mickey Shane, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    My beloved SVT4 Pro went into nuclear melt-down. So, I look for my receipt. No gottie. The head's in St. Louie now. It seems that I bought a '99 in '02. They will do a one time total upgrade. I hope it works good, and I get it back before the 31st. Otherwise, GK 400RB.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This probably takes the fakest headline award for 2003 :p

3. :rolleyes: You need to watch more AOl Time Warner headlines on the internet.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I meant on TB of course :rolleyes: ;)

I never read aol crap.

5. Mickey Shane

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I tried to change it to: SVT-4 dead, but it won't change on the thread title page.

At least I'm not a journalist.

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I guess you must have employed your own advice from the "connect two heads !" thread over in amps.

If you want me to stop by and visit it while it is in the hospital, just let me know. I like the lady at the reception counter at St.L Music. She's knows all the Ampeg part numbers by memory.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Too bad you're not in Ohio. Then it would make some sense. ;)

8. OH, THAT IS the quote of the month!

What if you knew her, and found her dead on the ground? http://www.mcskins.com/music/c/dead.html

Good one, Bob.

Mike ;)

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I fixed it for you, Mickey.

10. Mickey Shane

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Thank you embellisher, for the title change.

No, I was only using the one amp. I've never done anything abusive to it. It worked, and gigged hard, perfectly for one year. Then, while running it at lower volume during rehearsal, it blew up. I think they want it back to put in some of the revisions that they have come up with in the last 4 years that might prevent this type of thing from happening again. If you do stop in at the hospital, a get-well card would be nice.

Remember Kent State.
    -student target

11. Mickey Shane

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I got it back today. $32.00 for the round trip shipping to St. Louis. It seems to work like new. It was gone for almost a month, I'm happy to be getting my tone back.

I always bring a back-up head to gigs. I've noticed that the high-current hybrid amps seem to be troublesome. SVT-4, GK2001, SWR 'Mo Bass. If it works for a few years straight, my confidence level will improve. If it doesn't:

dumpster bait.

12. I got over wanting a good head a long time ago. I'd rather have a Pre/Power setup purely for ease in troubleshooting and versatility/options.

Good luck w/ your SVT-4. I have a friend that wants one, I may tell him about this.