1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 810 recover opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skank_r1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. I have an SVT810 that has been recovered with a black marshall style tolex, and it's peeling off pretty bad. I was thinking about recovering it with rough orange, leaving the black grille with white piping and recoating all of the hardware with flat wrinkle black. If anyone has done this, I'd love see some pics, or just hear some thoughts on the idea. Here's the tolex I was going to use.

media.jpg
    [​IMG]

I was also maybe thinking reusing the chrome hardware and using this grille clothe with the orange cover. Thoughts?

media.jpg

Also kicked around going tweed with a beige grille.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    so you want your 810 to look like an orange cab? miguht be cool if you actually have an orange head. otherwise, i'd have to say, "ewww!"

:D

punchclock likes this.
  3. b.chase

b.chase

Mar 12, 2010
    Take a look at this thread, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530953&page=2 , The pics on there aren't mine but I am in the process of recovering my 810e as well. I did a white tolex with a black grille and orange piping and then I bought all new black hardware to go along with it. I will post some pictures tonight but Dan really outlines his whole procedure pretty nicely. The hardest part of it is the corners/angles and making all the cuts. 3 yards tolex was enough for mine (54"x108"). If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020