SVT810AV arrives with broken wheel

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bil, May 18, 2012.

1. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Looking at your photos, I'm wondering if the wheel was defective and it slipped through quality control when it was manufactured. If the cab was dropped, I don't see how that type of damage can occur without something else getting mangled. You would also have seen some damage to the shipping carton. If it looks fine, then maybe the cab wasn't dropped.

I'd get a replacement wheel since the cab is new. If you want to keep the original one as a backup, a muffler shop can use a TIG welder to fix it in no time.

2. bil

bil

Apr 21, 2012
    Hudson, NH
    Update:

contacted local Ampeg support; said Ampeg was sending a new wheel. Just picked up the package today; they sent TWO wheels! Will be putting them on this weekend.

speakers still sound fine.

Thanx for everyone's help!

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Awesome! Have fun, bro!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021