1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

swapping passive to active

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by strappado, Mar 16, 2010.

1. strappado

strappado

Dec 25, 2008
    Hungary
    I'd like to know if I can put active EMGs in my wannahave Schecter Damien 5 instead of the passive ones it has. It's equipped with 2 EMG-40HZ-s and active electronics. Thanks for the answers in advance.

2. gumtown

gumtown

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    I don't know the specific type of bass you have there, but generally, if you already have the onboard battery and switch jack socket then no probelms with the Active EMG's, you may want to remove the existing active preamp, but try it first with the preamp, if there is too much gain, remove it and wire the pots like a passive bass.

3. strappado

strappado

Dec 25, 2008
    Hungary
    I have a full passive SX, I'm just gonna buy a good bass but I want the real Active EMG sound and I'm trying to figure out how I could have it under 1000€. I really like the Schecter's neck, the body fits me pretty well but the sound isn't the growling EMG yet. Thanks for the advice.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020