1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Workingman's 12 + Solstice + Realist

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by JazznFunk, Oct 31, 2013.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I picked up a DTAR Solstice a week or 2 ago after trying in vain to make my old Fishman B-II preamp sound remotely good with my Realist going into my old SWR Workingman's 12 amp. The B-II isn't the best pre obviously but it was a 'band aid' to try and match impedances to make the SWR sound at least passable. Still wasn't doing the trick.

I have to say that the Solstice has made a WORLD of difference in the amplified sound of my bass through this amp. We played a gig last night and several bassists in town who use more DB-specific amps (EA, Acoustic Image, etc) complimented the tone and were surprised when it was an electric bass amp. I never thought that the SWR could sound 'natural' at all, but it was a joy to play through it with the Solstice after fighting with my amplified sound for a long time. We recorded the show so when I get around to mixing it I'll post a clip.

All hail the Solstice!