1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX Neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BTSbassist09, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BTSbassist09

BTSbassist09

Nov 13, 2007
    Will any SX neck fit on any SX bass? I'm looking at slapping an SX Bass Neck SJB-75 with Pearloid Block Inlays on either an SPB-62 or an SPJ-62.

2. Check the neck pocket dimensions. Other than that, it should drop in quite nicely.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I can tell you from experience that a SX shortscale jazz neck DOES NOT fit a SX shortscale P body. The jazz neck is almost a cm larger than the neck pocket on the P.

4. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Why Don't SX necks fit Standard Fender Jazz Basses? (sorry for the thread hijack...)

5. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    SX necks are bigger. Remember they are two seperate companies. Nothing compels sx to build to Fender specs. In fact, sx would no doubt prefer if you put your sx neck on an sx body (ie buy the whole dang sx bass!)

6. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Speaking from experience...I recently went the other way around. Putting a SX P neck into my SX jazz body...fit was just about perfect. Only thing is that the holes don't line up, so you may have to fill and drill some new holes. Other than that, a little shim here...a little adjustment there...and it is playing and feeling GREAT.

Good luck.

7. I've been through a few neck swaps.

First, I put a fretless maple/block jazz neck on a SX jazz. Fit perfect.

Second, I put a fretted maple/block jazz neck on a Squier PBass. Fit perfect.

Third, I'm putting a fretted maple/block neck on another SX Jazz and it fits perfect....not mounted yet though.

Steve

8. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Just ask Kurt at Rondomusic.com
    Nice guy and will answer quickly!

9. David J.

David J.

Dec 1, 2006
    South Bend, In
    I had asked Kurt this and his response was that the 75 Jazz with inlays WILL fit the SPJ62.

Was looking to add the Black block to one of my SPJ's.
    Right now, he only has the frettless, but the fretted will be back in stock
    in spring as he said in another email.

Hope this helps

10. I tried the Blocked Jazz neck on my SPB62 3TS and it fit perfect. Wished I still had that body... :crying:

sxbassneck1.

sxbassneck2.

Steve