1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sx Ursa 2 Hum

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turtlegrubs, Jan 27, 2012.

1. turtlegrubs

turtlegrubs

Jan 8, 2012
  2. Zamega

Zamega Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2011
    That bass is a return because of something damage.

3. simplebass

simplebass

Mar 20, 2011
    Jim Falls WI
    The cheaper one is a b-stock it says,
    This B Stock item has a small 1/4" dent on the side of the headstock near the G string tuning peg. Neck is stable.
    I would buy that in a heartbeat cause it doesn't sound like that big of a deal.

4. turtlegrubs

turtlegrubs

Jan 8, 2012
    Thanks, anyone have experience with these basses?

5. Use the search function for the term ESSEX (Stands for SX) and you'll find a TON of info on these basses. General consensus is these are really good basses for the price. Some may need a little work, some may not, It helps (but is not always absolutely necessary) if you know how to do setups and modifications. They are also good for learning how to do such work, if you screw it up, it's not as big a deal as if you screwed up a $1000 Fender.

6. cstar

cstar

Dec 21, 2011
    I have the SX "pro" 4 string model (high mass bridge, better tuners and pickups than other SX's supposedly??) and I'm pretty happy with it. It's on par with a Squier in my novice opinion. Definitely a decent bass for the price.

I didn't do any setup other than that I raised the action a wee bit. It's 100% unshielded right now, and I'd like to shield it eventually, but it still sounds alright. Also, the pickguard cut is a little goofy around the neck, but a new pickguard is cheap.

I'd love to have a fender j some day, but till then, my SX works.

...I say go for it.