Hi! Late last year I ordered one of the SX Ursa 6 fretless basses from Rondo. The fingerboard needed some sanding to eliminate a small bump around the 12-15 positions on the E and A strings. After asking around, I got a 14" radius block from Stewmac and a level (Home Depot) and finished it with some poly. It was OK, but the poly isn't very hard and was intrigued by trying epoxy on the fingerboard. Then I ran into Engine207's Fender Imprecision mod and that was it! I removed the neck and started sanding down the fingerboard and the rest. For the fingerboard I used the 14" radius block and 220 grit sandpaper (also from Stewmac). For the rest of the body it was obvious that I'd still be sanding if I used the 220, so I went to Home Depot and got some 100 sandpaper and a sanding block. Here we go... I'm amazed at HOW THICK that stock poly finish is... I also thought about stripping it, but I ran into another thread were it was mentioned that on some newer SXs the stripper doesn't work... you gotta sand that baby! First photo shows the original finish and the bare maple on the neck heel. The second photo shows the back of the neck completely sanded.