1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Synth Pedal to Compliment a Deep Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

My band is playing more and more dance music-- old and current. I have an Akai Deep Impact, but I'm not getting some of the sounds as close as I'd like. Is there another good synth pedal that would compliment the Deep Impact instead of just cloning those tones.

I may not have had enough experience with the Deep Impact, but I find it more envelope filter and octive than fuzz. Which synth pedals emphasizes more fuzz but also includes other synth components? Am I totally off base here?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Honestly, the Deep Impact is one of the most loved synth effects here on TB. But, if you want a big variety of synth tones, nothing but an actual keyboard synth will get you there. For about the price of the Deep Impact, you can get a brand new DSI MoPho keyboard, which will provide ANY synth sound you could dream of. For me, this is a case of been there, done that. I now own more synths than bass guitars.

3. Get a Roland GR-55

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Wow. That's serious stuff. I was just thinking of another pedal. Hmm. You have given me something to think about.

5. eleventhstage

eleventhstage

May 29, 2012
    MarkBass Super Synth?

I'm not sure about the Deep Impact's sounds but I know the SS has 3 saw waves that can be tuned a variety of ways.

It depends the sounds you want really but that might compliment it well.

6. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Korg G5