1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tacoma Thunderchief CB10 pickguard issue?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rdahlborn42, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rdahlborn42

rdahlborn42

Jan 18, 2012
    Just picked up a used Tacoma Thunderchief CB10 and I noticed that there are air bubbles and creases on the clear plastic pickguard. This doesn't really seem normal and I'm wondering if it's just a clear plastic skin over the actual pickguard but don't want to start peeling away until I know for sure. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix this? Or know if the Tacomas come from the factory with plastic on the pickguard?

2. M T

M T

Jan 29, 2011
    It's most likely a plastic pickguard film. It comes on most new guitars. Just peel it off, it should be fine.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Just use your fingernail to try and peal the sticker off. If its not a sticker you wont damage the pickguard.

4. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    It is not pickguard film. What you have there is what it is. One piece of flexible plastic. Just checked mine to make sure.

5. rdahlborn42

rdahlborn42

Jan 18, 2012
    Yeah that's what I'm realizing...when I start to peel off a little edge I can tell it's definitely only one layer of plastic. So looks like I'm gonna have to peel the whole damn thing off cause it looks like crud at the moment. Would you recommend replacing it or just going without? When I play with a pick it verrrry rarely hits the body, so I don't think it's a necessity...