Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Take Number two.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Hi all second try at grammar so here goes.

Ok about 4 months ago when I started to play the bass. I started to look for a better bass about the fifth lesson in or so. So I asked my teacher if I should buy a new bass, or a better amp? And he replied a better bass Derek. Your bass seems to be a bit weak in my book. Because I normal tell all my students to turn they're basses down, But I seem to be telling you to turn yours UP but for now your bass is good for learning. The fifth or sixth lesson in I asked "lets name him Dick". Hello Dick May I play this Bass "I then point to the Cort Artisan b4 bass'. He said sure let me get you set up on our amp here in a minut. So he sets me up and hand me the bass. I then started to play just a basic scale at the time because that's all I knew at the time. Any ways I said I love this bass I want it, Dick said yes I do to. I then asked Dick if I could possible make payments. He said see me after the 15 days and w'ell talk. I said ok then grabbed my bass and left the store. 15 days passes and I did not metion the deal to him for some reson at all, I am not sure why. I really wanted that bass bad. So basicually 3 months pass and I called the store 3 days before the new years day, and asked Dick if I could buy the bass for $600 out the door. He then says Hang on a minut Derek let me check my book. He then comes back and says Well "sigh" I can let it go for $593 out the door, then I said great can you put a sold sticker on my new baby?. He then said he could do me one better. He then tells "lets call him Tom" Tom go grab the cort of the self "no not that one the one Derek wants its sold" Tom then says cool and grabs the bass the I want, and put its in the recording studio. "Oh also like I said when I first wanted it the store owner was hem hawing around the price and didnt want to do it."

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry dude, I still don't understand. I was able to read it all this time, but I just can't figure out what you are talking about.

-Mike

3. I just wanted to know why he was hem hawing around the price for like 4 months? and then finally sells it to me for $593 out the door? and the price tag said $695 w/ dulex gig bag.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Maybe he liked the bass more than you did. Some store owners grow fond of the gear on the wall just like us buyers do.

-Mike

5. True true. And also the 4 months I have been takeing lessons he has allways teased me. In a good way though. Its like for instant Hey Derek so is that right about the steel strigns on an acustic guitars they will break, I basicaully say sure lol.

sounds like he likes me a lot right?

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Maybe he thought you didn't have the money?

Maybe he just forgot and you waited three months to ask him again.

7. I am not sure, although like every one in the store said that the owner including him self said he wanted really bad. But I bought it first.

8. Derek, please fill out your profile so we know who and where you are. We have bassists from all over the world contributing to our little party here and language can sometimes get garbled. The profile also helps us to understand who you are - there's a large difference between a new student and a touring pro - and we would like to be clear which we are talking to. ;)

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Still doesn't make sense but at least it's readable.

10. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Maybe this is a clue:

Your profile doesn't indicate where you are, but at least here in the U.S., tax considerations often cause businesses to dump as much inventory as they can before the close of the year (though sometimes it's a "fiscal year" and might not line up with December 31st). Your retailer may have been a little more willing to let the bass go for less just to get it out of the shop so it wouldn't be on his closing inventory tally.

Another possibility is that you called him at the end of the month. Bills come due, and sometimes if people are tight on money when the mortgage payment or rent comes due they'll sacrifice a little profit to be able to make ends meet.

There are so many factors affecting a businessman, it's hard to say without knowing many more details. I'd say just be happy you finally got a deal you liked. :)

Congratulations!

'rick

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

Well, looking at his grammar...he does live in the States :p

12. Maverick Blues

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    And I could point out the missing space after the (questionably applied) ellipsis, the fact that sentences end with periods (full stops), and that you don't live in the States. :)

But that would be wrong. :p

'rick

P.S. Hey, you started it. ;)

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    See what Vorago did? He broke it up into paragraphs. A bit of advice, if you want someone to read something, don't give them a huge block of text. But if you break it up into a few smaller blocks, it seems less a chore to read.

14. Thank you guys, Yeah I know and I will try to brake up the setences a little more next time I have a big block of text to type.

Also hes like allways teasing me wich is a good sign he likes me lol.

And also will a store person tell you, you cannot play that many because you suck? but in a nice way? Of corse I never had that happend to me yet.

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    :oops:

I don't live in the States btw :eyebrow:

16. Maverick Blues

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Do try to keep up. :smug:

'rick

17. definitely. I saw the block, and was like, nah....then just went to the responses.

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

Blast, my layout of TB is completely messed up, so I missed the negation..

19. Oh dear.