1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Taking Charge Onstage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jarrydee, Jul 21, 2012.

1. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I dont know if this in in the right spot, I though this could help out some of the new guys and even some of the experienced.

Taking Charge Onstage - Tom Jackson with Brett Manni

2. Good stuff, thx for the links!

3. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    no prob. My father sent them to me because I am still a wreck when I first step on stage :bag: I am getting better. Never had that problem when I was a drummer, but I was also younger and plowed by showtime!!

4. makes a lot of sense...

i am a harp player (or was when i was younger), and i had to learn to, as i put it, close my regular mind and open my musician's mind.

i have tried to teach this to my son who is a bass player, and he has slowly picked it up.

he is asleep now, but when he wakes up, i am going to show him all these links and ask him to watch them and see what he thinks.

thanks for sharing.

davesignatureII-1.

5. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    No problem, Just happy that people can get some use out of them....A few things the guy said has stuck with me already and will be trying it out at the next gig. The "Not thinking" trick will be hard but worth it I think if you can master it!

6. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Forgot about these, I am bumping them just in case it can help someone out there.