1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Talkbass instead of practicing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by infoseeker, Apr 7, 2009.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker

Oct 15, 2008
    Ok, has anyone else noticed themselves reading Talkbass way more than practicing? I sure have lately. Damn, it's just so much more entertaining sometimes. If I could just turn on instead of log on...

2. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    Holy **** you're right, I'll go get my bass right away!

3. Live Sound forum? You obviously havn't spent enough time on TB to figure out which post should go where.:)

BTW i am also incredibly guilty of substituting practice time for TB time...I think everybody who is actively involved in this site is guilty

4. i am also guilty.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I've found that it's entirely possible to do both. I can easily have TB up while holding a bass and learning new music.

OTOH for those who have to make a conscious choice between pedestrian travel and mandible motion, I can see where that could be a problem.
    :smug:

6. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Yeah, it amazes me that about half the threads posted on this forum have nothing to do with. All issues related to live sound reinforcement & PA systems.

7. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    I multi-task and read TB while in the bathroom on my iPodTouch...so my time is not wasted!
    log on
    log off
    flush
    :)

8. Nope, I cancelled my internet services at home so no distractions there.

More TB and less work, however, is another story! :)

9. bomofiglio

bomofiglio

May 12, 2009
    Dayville, CT
    I find it nice when I'm doing hand exercises on the bass. Hands start to burn, get on the comp and read up until the hands are ready to go again.

10. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Moved to Miscellaneous.