Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TALKED TO WW

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by daveant, Feb 27, 2006.

1. daveant

daveant

Feb 17, 2006
    TALKED TO WALTER WOODS TODAY AND HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT I AM NOW 'ON HIS RADAR'. NOT TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE BUT HAS ANYONE OUT THERE A-BED THE WLATER WOODS (450 WATT) WITH THE ACOUSTIC IMAGE FOCUS? I AM CURRENTLY USING A CLARUS HEAD WITH AN AGUILAR GS-210 FOR ACOUSTIC DOUBLE BASS ALONG WITH THE FISHMAN PLATINUM EQ FOR BASS WHICH GIVES ME 5 BANDS PLUS A PHASE SWTCH. THAT SAME SET UP THRU THE FOCUS HAS TO AT LEAST BE IN THE BALLPARK WITH THE WOODS BY ITSELF. ANYBODY CARE TO COMMENT? THANKS.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    PM KJung and check out the Bowlous GTG thread from about page 17 on, in OT under electric bases.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I DON'T THINK THAT YOU'D BE ABLE TO HEAR ANYTHING SMALLER THAN A 8"X8" COUPLED WITH A FOLDED 18".

Just a wild guess.

Q:WHAT KIND IS IT?
    A: 3 O'CLOCK.

:)

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I was at the Bowlus Bass Borg this weekend and heard a Focus AB'd against a WW. I liked the Focus better through some cabs, and the Woods better through others. Both great pieces of gear.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 The Focus was more consistent, to my ear, and the Walter Woods shone more brightly when it "hit" with the right cab (though there were other cabs where the Focus sounded much better).

Tom.

6. daveant

daveant

Feb 17, 2006
    Thanks alot. I am currently using Aguilar GS-210, or GS-112, and also have EA CXL-112. Guess I need to A/B. The only problem is to get a Woods to A/B with, unless you wait a long time, and then buy it first.

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    daveant,

Good luck. I waited THREE YEARS for that exact same amp model from Walter until he finally suggested I look for a used one (I found a mint one within two months) :hyper:

He is able to supply the 1200 watt model a lot faster (a few months), in retrospect it might have been worth the $$$$ to order one of those in the first place :help: