1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tax Return bait

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by insomniac2295, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I'm thinking of taking the big leap and adding some sort of OD, distortion, or fuzz to my arsenal. Right now, I'm thinking about nabbing this guy for my post-rock/post-metal band.
    [​IMG]
    What do you think?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I think there are some sound clips of it posted hereabouts which would help inform your decision, that's what I think. :)

3. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Dude you should get a Hot Tubes, the one with real tubes.

I got one and it will do whatever. You can change tubes and make it sing different.

Its amazing

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    what exactly are you looking for though.....that is the question. :). there are so many different fuzz's, od's, etc....that it is really hard to say.

5. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    yeah.

Give us a clip of some song with the sound you want in it. That would help a lot.

6. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
    jealous, in Ca, we're getting IOU's for our refunds.

7. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    ahahahhahhahahah are you living in a box village?

8. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well, without knowing what exactly you're looking for, I'd say you can't really go wrong with a Bass Big Muff. From what I've read, it's a very good pedal.

However, being that I'm not into the Muff sound that much, I plan on using my tax return on a smallsound/bigsound team_awesome Fuzz Machine. From what I can tell, this thing is pretty versatile, and I've been talking to Brian to see what kind of tweaks I can make with it.