1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured TC Electronic launches BAM200

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 27, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    With 200 Watts of cutting-edge Class-D power in your corner, this minuscule bass head punches well above its weight class.

Mighty MOSFET
    A specially designed high-voltage MOSFET preamp gives BAM200 its warm sound and immediate feel of an actual tube amp, while the responsive 3-band EQ provides a broad tonal palette that lets you lay down the law in any musical genre.

Fits in your pocket
    Despite its rugged steel construction, BAM200 is incredibly small and easily fits the pocket on your gig bag as you go from gig to gig, combining superior portability with a dynamic and punchy tone with loads of low-end.

Rig for any gig
    Featuring a DI Out and Ground Lift switch, BAM200 easily connects to home studio recording equipment and to FoH (front of house) sound systems at the gig for a great tone – no matter the size of the venue.

The built-in studio-quality headphone amp with speaker emulation lets you convert BAM200 to the perfect practice machine for the ultimate gigging workhorse.

Screenshot at Feb 27 22-18-04. Screenshot at Feb 27 22-18-24.

2. .:Aidan:.

.:Aidan:.

Jul 22, 2008
    No mention of the EQ frequencies anywhere, not even in the manual.....

3. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Price?

Also, does plugging in headphones disable the speaker output?

4. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Maybe they don’t know what they are? :smug:

Bahjark likes this.
  5. LenMinNJ

LenMinNJ Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
  6. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
  7. FingerDub

FingerDub SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    They are EXACTLY the same as the Elf.

For $150 I can get a used TC BH250 with a tuner, aux in...tone print and 250 watts, etc...no comparison there for me. If these smaller ones end up going for $75 used. I'd buy one just to keep as an absolute backup back up in my gig bag but that's about it.

wmhill, tradernick, Mike.C. and 2 others like this.
  8. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    LenMinNJ likes this.
  9. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    says it right in the manual:
    Tone Controls Bass ±15 dB @ 80 Hz, shelving/ Middle 400 Hz @ Gain: ±15 dB/ Treble ±15 dB @ 4.2 kHz, shelving

10. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    What kind of cab do you guys think would go well with this?

11. depending on the efficiency of the cab, I'd probably use with a 1x12 or 2x10 for small bar gigs or coffeeshops or jazz gigs.

12. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    A backup to my backup amp! Small enough to keep in the glove box of my car.

City likes this.
  13. .:Aidan:.

.:Aidan:.

Jul 22, 2008
    Oh, those are actually pretty great EQ points IMO
    Where did you find it? I could only find the "Product Information Document" and "Quick Start Guide" on the TC site and assumed that was all that was available

14. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    the specs are on page 21 of the the quick start guide.

.:Aidan:. likes this.
  15. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    It would be perfect with an Aux input.

moonbass-de, DonaldR and Elias86 like this.
  16. Where? 5 on Reverb right now; cheapest is $209, after that odd-man out, the average of the rest is about $240 shipped. I'm not trying ot be argumentative, I am really interested... Id pick one up in the $150-$170 range.

17. Elias86

Elias86

Feb 7, 2010
    Mebane, NC
    Agreed. Maybe you could use some kind of splitter to connect an instrument and another device to the one input at the same time?

18. Elias86

Elias86

Feb 7, 2010
    Mebane, NC
    It looks like there is one big difference between the Elf and the BAM200: the gain knob. The Elf has a three-way gain control. As you turn it up, it engages first a compressor and than an overdrive circuit. That sounds like a really cool feature, but some players, especially upright players, seem to hate it due to the compressor. Apparently, it totally squashes the tone of an upright (which is exactly what you'd expect from a DB+compressor). I haven't seen this feature mentioned anywhere for the BAM200, but it's absence could be good or bad.

joe vegas likes this.
  19. FingerDub

FingerDub SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I've seen a couple guys on here pick one up for 150 or 175.

I like mine so much that I would pick up another just as a backup. Or if these 200s used can go for less than a hundred and I would definitely take one imstead.

I'm also struggling with gas right now though I really want to get a nice class D head maybe a Fusion.

20. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC