1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic RS Cab users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Hey folks. I was just wondering about everyones experiences with the Speakon cables that come with the cabinets. I've got two RS210 cabs and both came with a speakon cable. 'Bout 34 inches long. Problem is that each one doesn't make a good connection unless you play with it in the unlocked position. Turning it back and forth to get it to 'connect' electrically.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I use the ones I've had for years, simply because the connectors on the TC-supplied ones are quite large. So I've actually never tried the ones that came with the cabs!

3. I've used the supplied ones with no issues...I find all speakons are quite 'tight'.

4. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    One of my RS210 cabs had two of their speakon cables tossed into the box when I opened it after shipped to me. So I have 3 of these cables.

And yes they sure seem to fit real snug alright. I use one of them from the head to the top cab and I have a better quality 6' speakon cable that I run from my GB STM-900 (or F1 head) to the 2nd cab as I stack them vertically. I have used two of these TC cables before. One from head to top cab; 2nd one from top cab to bottom cab with no issues but they just barely reach. They did take some getting used to. One of them won't work well with my LMII. But that head has issues with certain speakon cables it accepts already.

Not sure I answered your question but to say they are a snug fit. And I think the connectors are installed upside down on one of my RS210 cabs. I too have to kinda work em back n forth to install and remove em. No issues once connectec, they feel rather cheaply made.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have 2 TC cabs and have never had an issue with the cables that came with them....

6. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I opened the connector ends on each cable and I found something out. They are easy to unscrew. Once I pulled the cover off of one end, I found the black wire out of its terminal. I popped it back in and tightened the set screw. Went to the other side and its was good. Went to the other cord and I found both wires in but the set screw was missing on one of the terminations. For this one, I'll have to hit a local hardware store and get on. Its gonna be hard to find. It was the smallest allen key in the imperial set that I have. Its really small.

So its gotten better now. Next. Change the barrel Jack out to an open panel Stereo jack in my L2K.

7. jkramer5

jkramer5

Jul 14, 2008
    Fairfield, CA
    Same here.

8. bassclef04

bassclef04 Bass and Beyond!

Mar 24, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    anyone know if TC plans to release new cabs?