1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronics RH Vs. TecAmp Puma

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Aug 10, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I am considering trading my Puma 1000 for a RH 750 plus some cash. I know nothing about TC Electronics or how it sounds? I loved the PUMA 1000, but it was a bit much for me. I'm looking for something with clean boomy tone, but have a nice clear high end. Could someone shed some light on for me with comparing these two amps.

-Adam

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    There are a lot of threads on the RH750, you should review them carefully.

3. "clear" and "boomy" don't go together in my book...

The RH750 is a very vintage inspired, warm, tube'ish sounding head. You can dial in as much treble as you want till your ears bleed...

But at its soul, its a tight, punchy, warm head. Lots of love/hate with TC stuff. Put me in the love camp.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Quite frankly, that's not what I expected.

This thread has taken an interesting unforeseen twist.

5. Crap, wrong topic... I'l delete the post

6. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    So, I made the trade. I traded my PUMA 1000 for the RH750 with pedal and $600 cash. I hope I didn't make a mistake, I wasn't happy with the overall tone of the PUMA since it sounded a little clicky to me. Hopefully the RH750 will give me what I'm looking for.

Now let's talk about cabs. Comparing the TecAmp M212 to the TC Electronics RS212. I'm considering in using the cash to get myself a cabinent as well. I'm thinking either TecAmp cab with RH750 or TC Electronics RS212 and RS210 stacked.

Hit me up with some suggestions.

-Adam

7. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Please, someone tell me I made the right decision. But it's gotta be truthful.

Ugh, I have this wrenching ache in my stomach over this one.

Anticipation of a comment is killing me. Hopefully Kjung can come in and tell me a thing or two.

8. Quite frankly I think you got caught with your no-no in the family dog on christmas morning. You traded a 1000 watt amp for a 236 watt one.

9. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Ouch!

10. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    I never played the TC nor the TecAmp but if you played the RH and liked it over the Puma then why do you need anyone's approval??

11. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    True. I haven't played through the TC yet, nor had I played through the TecAmp before I bought it either. I think it just will all depend on my ears. All I know is that I didn't like Epifani 502 tone. But a mixture of the PUMA and the 502 would be quite nice to have.

12. Mendry37

Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    The RH750 will be plenty loud. I have the RH450 along with the RS210, RS212, and RS410. Yet to have a situation where more watts were needed. Enjoy.
    -Chad

13. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    You play with all three cab hooked up?

14. if you like warm, punchy tone - you'll like the RH

15. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    I have had a rh450 for two years. 450 is the 750's little brother. It has done heaps of gigs and has never not been loud enough.
    Great sounding versatile amps.

16. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. Let's hope that it'll match up well with my Berg HT322. But I will be selling this guy once I find the right cabs. I might go with 2xRS210 with 1xRS212

17. Mendry37

Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    I have. All 3 is just way too much. But its nice to have the option. I do like having the options. Most of my gigs are 212+210. An outdoor is usually 212 under the 410.
    -Chad

18. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    Sound like a plan. Let us know what you think.

19. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Where does one buy TC Electronics in the US. I have heard Donnovan is the best guy to get them from, from other threads but I don't know what that means.

20. badboyb

badboyb

Aug 27, 2009
    australia
    The RH750 is definatey loud.

If you are comparing one M212 vs RS212+RS210, then the two TC cabs will definately be louder and move more air than one M212.