1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tea Drinkers unite!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Oct 30, 2010.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Had my last cup of coffee this past Monday. I now am a tea drinker without the crumpets. A nice cup of Earl Grey, Constant Coment, Plantation Mint, Gree Tea with Lemon all Bigelow brand have been my favorite so far....Anyone else prefer tea over java and what is your favorite.

2. Hmm, nah, I don't prefer one over the other. Both have their uses :)

3. Sketchy

Sketchy

Jul 15, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    I have Oolong, White tea, Green tea (from the mountain where tea was first commercially grown), a form of red tea which is considered one of the top 10 (It's amazing what you can find in tea shops in Yunnan), and also some Pu'er...

Oh, and then some of the usual breakfast-type tea you find in britain. Is there anyone else here who prefers to drink tea with just tea in it (ie. no milk or anything else like that)?

4. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    I love the stuff, but like it quite strong, I've played about with Green Tea, and have some Earl here but my quick, saturated in antioxidant hits come from Yorkshire Tea, strong, trad, farmhouse-like tasting tea, I must get through around 8 large one's a day. (+ a few coffee's, which, yes, I would miss if I quit). A couple of friends like tea without milk/sugar, I don't mind it like that, but I need a splodge of honey in it.

5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I never liked the taste of coffee and have been an avid tea drinker (both iced and hot) all my life. I brew my own iced tea.

If you like a strong flavor regular tea with a smooth taste, Mother Parker's (a Canadian tea) is great and also makes the perfect iced tea. They also make a line of great flavored teas called Higgins & Burke Gourmet Teas. Tetley British Blend is a really good tea as well.

http://mother-parkers.com/

6. Doc Shock

Doc Shock

Mar 6, 2010
    Maryland
    Any good black tea. With honey, not sugar.

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    The main dev at work quit coffee a while ago, and the rest of the crew decided to simply ban coffee from the office. There's always water ready at the right temperature and a nice selection of tea.

So yes, I am a relatively new - but completely convinced - tea drinker.

8. For me as a rule it's coffee in the morning, regular black tea in the afternoon, and decaffeinated Earl Grey tea at night. I'm very sensitive to caffeine anytime past 7PM - even anything with chocolate in it - so it's decaf anything for me.

9. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    A 12 ounce mug of espresso, with sugar.

10. Prefer tea to coffee for the most part...Constant Comment or H&S's "Hot Cinnamon Spice" tea are favorites. When I have coffee, prefer it flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg... yeah, the coffee purists I know consider me a heathen...

11. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Green tea ftw.

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I paid € 3.5 for a cup of green tea this afternoon.

:meh:

13. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Been a tea drinker all my life.The day won't start without a cup of tea.

I'll go get myself a cup now.

14. Jon_West

Jon_West

Jan 8, 2009
    GTA, Ontario
    I prefer tea over coffee any day, but I drink coffee more.
    1. It's convenient
    2. It's useful
    3. It's addictive

[​IMG]

15. Just out of interest, why is coffee more convenient?

16. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Because it's literally everywhere here in the States. Gas (Petrol) station have coffee, some of them for free, all the fast food joints serve coffee in the morning, you can get it at basically any sit down restaurant whenever you want it, there is a Starbucks everywhere. There's a mall here in Tampa that has a Starbucks kiosk literally 100 feet from a Starbucks store. America is much more a coffee drinking culture than the UK.

17. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Tea is awesome, but I do like coffee as well.

I have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, another later on around 10am or so, then I switch to Earl Grey in the afternoon and sometimes have another Earl Grey when I get home from work.

I always take my tea with milk and sugar unless it's green tea, then plain or with a touch of honey if available.

I've had to substitute tea for coffee occasionally, but I do really enjoy that morning cup of coffee. I do not like Starbucks or any of that stuff. Give me medium roast Folgers through my coffee maker and I'm a happy guy.

18. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Yup, ever since WWII when factory workers were given a short "coffee break" to relax and give themselves a pick-me-up and the energy to continue the long hours ahead. Which still continues today.

A little tea history ... back in the 1600's when Tea was first brought to New Amsterdam; more tea was consumed there than all of England. It wasn't until after the Boston Tea Party that tea was looked upon as unpatriotic. Thus its decline.

As for myself ... coffee all year round (6-8 cups per day) ... tea during the winter months (Earl Grey ... heavily steeped ... straight) ... iced tea during the summer (that's "sweet-tea" here in the land of cotton).

19. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Twinings Earl Grey blows away Bigelow by a long shot. But don't get the tea bags, make sure you get the metal tin of loose tea and then use a tea ball to make it. Seriously, try the Twinings Earl Grey.

20. My notion of tea is, probably, quite different from you guys. While I love green tea too, I usually have black Indian tea with sugar, a rich dose of milk and spices/herbs as per my choice: generally any combination of ginger, sweet basil, cinnamon, fennel seeds, mint, etc. This with any stuffed "paratha" makes for an ideal breakfast for me :hyper:

But, despite being an Indian, I'm only a light tea drinker compared to most people I know.

+1. For me, at least, Twinnings Earl Grey TBs are too light.