Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

teacher in Northeast Kent?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by GeoffK, Dec 18, 2004.

1. GeoffK

GeoffK

Sep 9, 2004
    Can anyone recommend a DB teacher in Northeast Kent (i.e. Margate, Canterbury area)? Thanks.

2. Sophie

Sophie

Feb 8, 2005
    Canterbury, UK
    Depends what level you are... If you're grades 1 to 5, then I'll teach you, but I'm only 16 so it's up to you. Otherwise, there's pretty much no decent teachers, which is why i go to the Academy for lessons. If you're prepared to pay his rates, try Duncan McTier, or there's always Corin Long, who coaches our section in the National youth orchestra. I've been learning with Jane Healey for about 4 years now, and she's got me from grade 2 to diploma in that time, and she's amazing. I've got numbers for both Corin and Jane if you want them, and I could get Duncan's if you need it. xxx

3. snakebite

snakebite

Aug 6, 2006
    its worth noting that Duncan taught Corin :) its like a little party! haha i think in any case if you want a decent teacher its worth going to London if its poss. its also depends what level you are really x