1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tecamp puma 900 v Eden WT800C

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman8416, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Just wondering if anyone has used both and give a comparison. I have used the Eden...its is heavy, but does have power, although it can be a little noisy....hiss and buzzes, seemingly more than other amps, in poorly wired venues. Never tried Tecamp, but I am interested.

2. I gigged a WT 800 a few years ago on three or four gigs and used to have a WT 400 for many years.
    Not sure if that WT 800 was the WT 800 C you're talking about, no Eden expert here. Was ca. 36 - 38 pounds, pretty heavy thing.
    Have also used the Puma 900 for a year, but sold it last year.
    Very different sounding amps, but IMO, the WT 800 is much fatter, warmer, has more punch and oomph. The Puma is a very (!) open, glassy, and transparent sounding amp. I'd describe it as super modern, doesn't have the Eden warmth and punch.
    It allows you to dial in a slightly rounder tone via the "taste" knob, but that open, modern, glassy tone is basically always there, which was the reason why I sold it. Especially in louder rockish contexts, I wasn't happy with the Puma. On the other hand, it's not really built to rock out like crazy, that's probably what the Tecamp Black Jag is for.

Bassman8416 likes this.