Tech 21 B410 & B115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by girlsaremean41, Sep 21, 2005.

1. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    I did a search and couldn't find much information on these cabs. And the information that I did find was pretty old. Has anybody played through these cabs before, and what are your thoughts and opinions on them? i.e. tone, volume
    I know the guy from Shadows Fall plays a Landmark 600 through two of the 410's.......but I also see that he plays through an ampeg svt-3pro and 810e. I love his tone, and kind of want a rig that you don't really see everywhere. I'd like to find a store that carries them so that I can try before I buy, but I don't think that's going to be possible. If I can't try before I buy, I'll probably get something else. Just so you know I play old school hardcore music. I play a Warwick Corvette Standard with a pick for the aggressive attack. I play that through a Sansamp RBI, and will get a QSC power amp based on how much power my cabinets need. Any help or opinions would be much appreciated, thanks!
  2. playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    Last time I saw Shadows Fall(Maybe a month ago), he was using what looked like two swr 8x10's.
  3. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    I unfortunately haven't gotten to see them play live yet. I was just stating what it says that he plays in the gear section of there website. I don't know how long ago you saw them play, but maybe he has switched rigs since then. Anybody have any opinions on the cabinets?
  4. Guitar World's Bass Guitar magazine had an interview with Paul Romanko some months ago. In the article he explained his rig in detail. He loves tube-emulation sounds for some reasons since he told the interviewer that he's using Landmarks rigs together with other Sansamp products for his emulated tube-tone. He was also using some Ampeg amp for some more tube warmth in the signal line. All this gear relates to studio usage though. Don't know about his live rig but I've seen pictures where he was using both Ampeg SVT810E cabinets and Tech 21 NYC 4x10 cabs. I hope this helps you out a bit.

Remember that his studio tone can easily be the sound of three rigs blended together.
  5. I haven't tried Tech 21 NYC cabinets (yet). They're very hard to find in stores over here in Europe. Everyone seems to tell the same thing about them though: they work well with the Tech 21 (emulation) amps.
  6. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I haven't heard the cabs.... but I've got a Landmark 300 Head(almost sold) and a Landmark 600 Head (on the way!) and they ROCK!!! :bassist:
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I own and play a Landmark600 with a tech21 4x10. I am really happy about tone, volume and presence.

tried the cab with other heads too (GK 1001, old Eko tube head,..) and found it good with them too.

It has no tweeter which for me is a good thing. Really punchy and midrangey. Not the cleanest or most "hi fi" in the world.
  8. gndboy

Sep 18, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I recently bought a used Tech 21 B410 cabinet and I really like it. The lows aren't quite as deep as my Eden D210XLT, but overall the notes speak with a lot more focus and clarity. For the old-school way I play, this cabinet works very well for me. There's plenty of bottom, and there's no tweeter to fuss with. At seventy pounds, the B410 is manageable, and it fits neatly in my hatchback automobile without folding the back seat down. Currently I drive it with an Eden WT550 and the rig sounds really big and solid with a Fender Hotrod Precision Bass. Other players likely prefer a more "hi-fi" tone, but this B410 really floats my boat.