1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tech 21 GED 2112 & Genz ShuttleMax 9.2??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wolford, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM.

1. Wolford

Wolford

Dec 18, 2013
    I've been looking into this GED-2112 and seen some videos. Sounds awesome. Only thing I questioned was how I would make the 2 separate outputs work with my one-amp rig. It just occurred to me that my GB SM9.2 has 2 pre's (a tube and a ss). Eureka!

Is it possible that I can run those separate outputs into my amp and blend (and/or switch) the channels there? That would be AMAZING!!

I'm thinking to do this I would need to run the 2112 outputs into my effect returns on the amp. If I did that, would it bypass the eq? Is there a way to not bypass the eq? I know @agedhorse knows these things. Agedhorse, can you help me live my dream? If anyone else can help out, even better. TIA

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    On the ShuttleMax 9.2, the effects loops for the two channels is pre eq, so you can simply use the effects return jacks for each channel and have eq, tone shape filters and switching/mixing all at your fingertips as well as footswitching of all features.

Wolford likes this.
  3. Wolford

Wolford

Dec 18, 2013
    Wow, that decides it. That's what I was hoping. Both pieces of gear have so much I/O flexibility it's amazing. @agedhorse thank you for the great news!

agedhorse likes this.
  4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And FWIW the GED-2112 allows you to sum the two preamps so you can also use it with a single output channel if you prefer.

5. Wolford

Wolford

Dec 18, 2013
    Well, I've read here that that's true, and that it voids the warranty (whatever that's worth). But I haven't heard from anyone who has actually flipped that jumper.

I suppose if I did that, I could plug my bass into my SM9.2 and run the GED as an effect loop on one SM channel and be able to have a clean channel and a GED channel. More cool flexibility.

6. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It’s true. It doesn’t void the warranty. You have heard from someone who has done it ... me.

Here is a quote from @tech21nyc that refers to the jumper (one of several mentions)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM
  7. Wolford

Wolford

Dec 18, 2013
    Woohoo, thanks!

DigitalMan likes this.