Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tech bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ymmij, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ymmij

ymmij

May 26, 2005
    hi, im thinking of buying 2 1x12 bass cabinets from the
    german company tech these cabs were recommended by
    a friend.anyone got any user experiance of this company.
    cheers. jimmy.

2. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    I have emailed them twice about products but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm trying to get a UK price list. There UK distributor seems to be a bit slow on the uptake as well. *checks inbox* :meh:

3. ymmij

ymmij

May 26, 2005
    hi dood, their website is www.tech-soundsystems.de
    the uk dealer i v been speaking to is the bass merchant
    in essex ,who also makes zoot basses.
    cheers. jimmy.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They make great stuff, and Thomas is a nice guy (I only talked to him and tested stuff, I haven't bought anything, though). Everybody I know who owns Tech stuff raves about it.

They even make the occasional (great) oddball product. :D

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189192

5. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    hey!! thank you all. Essex is is pretty close to me, so I think i'll give 'em a buzz.

I am very interested in the 2x12 too.

There are a couple of SECO (cheaper range apparently) cabs on ebay at the mo'.

any more info? Are there any 'pro players' out there who are using these cabs? anyone 'well known' that is?

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    yeah, I had 'Synergy' as a UK contact.. hmmmpf not a lot of action from their email dept so far!! ;o)

7. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I hope you get a response on this, I saw their site in the best 2x10 thread and thought wow when I saw the cabs, got me gassin already :(. For now I'm chasing a Hartke 1x15 of some description but for a future rig (think tubes in large quantities) these look very interesting, 1x18 + tweeter + 1x10 in one cab and a 6x12 for the other, how much ass would that kick!

8. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    their amps look really nice.

9. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    I'll drop a post in when I get an answer.. I would like to give 'em a go at least!

I have the following cabs on a bit of a short list,

1. Accugroove Whappo Jr (yum)
    2. ACME 4x10
    3. Tech 2x12
    4. EBS possibly?? 2x12

The few things these all have in common is that they are NEO cabs and are HIFI ish and are available in the UK

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Really? I swapped emails a while ago with one of the German guys who spoke English. He was very helpful and replied almost straight away each time.

I was also considering the 2x12, but they're not available in Australia as it turns out :(