1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Temptation...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigjames, Dec 27, 2012.

1. bigjames

bigjames Player of Smooth Lines

Jan 25, 2005
    Burnaby, Canada
    So I was in my local Long & McQuade last week to buy some strings for my Warwick Corvette 5 Standard. As I paid for my strings (DR incidentally) I saw a couple of Sadowsky Metros on the wall. I turned to leave...but couldnt walk away.

I tried an RV5-PJ and what I think was an MV5 jazz bass.

Oh. My. God. The PJ was unbelievable. Playability and set up right off the wall was like nothing I have played and the neck profile was soo comfortable. It reminded me a little (in profile) of my fretless Fbass AC6. Fast neck, so easy to play and the tone from end of end on the fretboard was the most even I have ever played in a fretted bass.

The MV5 was not set up quite as well, but still really nice. Same playability, but the rosewood fingerboard on the RV5 felt better to me and played better somehow.

The crisis: Do I trade in my Warwick towards the RV5-PJ or do I keep the Corvette and add the RV5-PJ to my gear collection.... after playing my Fbass for a few months, but Warwick neck feels really blocky and uncomfortable. The Sadowsky felt sooooo right.

I am temped to do the latter.

I want that Sadowsky.

2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Sell the warwick HERE. You will get alot more if you don't trade it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021