1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tennessee Basses

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by George Alvey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. George Alvey

George Alvey

Apr 29, 2007
    Need Help!Does anyone know anything about or had any experience with Tennesse EUBs - seven string or otherwise?

2. chuck1073

chuck1073 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Preston, CT
    I've seen them on ebay. Guessing that's where you saw them too. These are more like "upright bass guitars" than real EUB's.

If you want to play something that's going to feel like a double bass...this isn't it.

3. George Alvey

George Alvey

Apr 29, 2007
    :help:Thanks - I have a beautiful 100 year old German Upright and a Yamaha EUB as well as a collection of electric basses so I am just looking for something unique to "fool" around with without being made a fool of by getting complete junk! Anyone else know anything about these "Pro Basses" by Tennessee or about Tropical Moon Music dealers?
    I don't want to be completely ripped off. Thanks all.

4. low-endz

low-endz

Dec 18, 2007
    Miami, FL.
    I asked them about the wieght on a 3 neck bass/guitar 1 week ago and they have yet answered. So I guessed right its a back breaker.

Anywho browsing through thier pro basses for the average to advance player ( 15 string joke bass) I believe the are a novelty brand.

I cant take most of their stuff serious

I have not seen their EUB but judging by thier other stuff I would not trust tennessee brand instruments.

5. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I've seen their stuf, too. I just don't know who needs to play bass, mandolin, banjo, and guitar without switching instruments.

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I read a review of one of thier ERB bass guitars and it was rank. The neck wasn't straight and the intonation was off and not adjustable (not a big deal with fretless instruments I know). The overall impression I get is that their instruments would be better suited to the parent to give to their kids who they don't want to become musicians.

7. johndavid_9696

johndavid_9696

Aug 21, 2008
    I have seen the Electric Upright Basses guitars at ebay. I have no much experience in guitars selection. I felt very comfort in palying the guitar. The neck was not too straight, where I felt more comfort. I am very much impressed.

john
    ----------------------------------

Tennessee Drug Treatment