Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That whole band name issue

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Shoka42, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Leaf

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Stickmen

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  3. Anon

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. Six Pence Millie

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Cast in Stone

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Shoka42

Shoka42

Jul 19, 2003
    england
    Hey there! technically im not a n00b, i have been a member for ages, but havnt bothered to post anything... boy did i miss out!

anyway, the band im in has been through a few changes recently, we kicked out a member (from a 5 piece to a 4 piece) havnt played together in ages and think its time for a fresh start.

we used to be called "Cast In Stone" but we dont really like that any more. We dont really have a style per se, but are influenced from anything from ska, to blues, to jazz, to funk, to rock to reggea to whatever!

So, the names to choose from are:
    Leaf
    Stickmen
    Anon
    Six Pence Millie
    Cast In Stone

2. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    i say anon. What you could be in until you get a new name is call yourself the artists/band formally known as cast in stone.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i say stickmen. i think it's the easiest to remember. it brings a half a grin to my face yet it can mean lots of things.

leaf seems way too dull and would turn up 80,000 pages in a websearch.

anon sounds like something for the families of addicted people.

six pence mille sounds like i don't know what it means and that you're some kinda foreign band (to me that is).

cast in stone sounds hard, cold, stuck, and close minded.

all just my opinion of course.

4. I say Stickman as well...

5. Exedore

Exedore

Nov 15, 2002
    Pasadena, Ca, USA

Agree on all counts. Also while I don't know whether or not they're close minded Cast in Stone is taken by (surprise) a hardcore band.

6. Pirate

Pirate

Mar 6, 2004
    I voted for Six Pence Millie. I think that's the most original name. The name Leaf just sucks. I'm sure Stickmen is taken and I don't like it very much anyways. Anon is pretty cool. It's my second choice, although it's the name of a snowboard goggles brand or soemthing of the sort.

7. Cast In Stone sound like some kind of christian hard rock band. don't know why-just does to me. anyways how about Stickleaf? it makes no sense whatsoever, but just rolls of my tongue.

8. Shoka42

Shoka42

Jul 19, 2003
    england
    Theres nothing wrong with a little strangeness, infact, i welcome it!

mfiejf

9. agreed with the first point-sounds christian to me, and no I am not sure why either. Stickleaf is a cool idea. The way I see it, the weirdier(sp?) the better because it will stand out in peoples minds. When they hear it for the first time, it will stay there.