The 810 Fan Club!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Feb 4, 2011.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Well I have done some looking around and was not able to find myself an 810 fan club.
    I see there are alot of other clubs out there devoted to big cabs but not just to 810's
    I love 810's!! there is just something about have a wall of sound hitting you in the back that you just cant seam to get from anything else!!
    So in this ever changing world of small micro lightweight cabs and heads i thought it would be great to see all of you that still use the "Fridge"!!:hyper:
    This is a club for 810's only!!! No 410/410 setup's....unless you have some how glued,nailed and or strapped them together so as they can never be parted... Then that we want to see!!!...if you have a cab that has more then 810's...then by all means i want to see that too...esp if it is a DIY!!!

Last But not least.....NO 12's...15's or 18's!! they maybe great cabs and all and i am sure the sound awesome...BUT....this is about 10's and Lot's10's only!!!

I want this to be a fun thread where we can all show off our 810's and not get in to any debates of whos got what better then anyone else!! Have fun all looking forward to Seeing all you Fridges!!! Cheers All!!~Elliot

P.s....Yes I will be handing out numbers.....as long as you own the cab you will get a number So if i forget you feel free to ask!!!

Members!!
    Canadian*eh #1
    Theory026 #2
    AwkwardLoudness #3
    tdub0199 #4.
    georgestrings #5
    Alex1984 #6
    kosmicwizard #7
    SOB H.R.MC #8
    bassboysam #9
    Daveydude #10
    NickMonti #11
    alembicguy #12
    Quualudes #13
    mungfingers #14
    mountainmike#15
    Needenaneden #16
    silvertripper #17
    ZachM #18
    Bassoballs#19
    mouthmw#20
    Mattsochistic #21
    doomloop #22
    Wileee #23
    Spector_Ray #24
    armybass #25
    toolshow #26
    marlond #27
    Gar Bear #28
    hyp.spec #29
    Archangel_Bass #30
    stitchedbass #31
    deeptubes #32
    bassfreakah #33
    waleross #34
    anderbass #69

Honorary Members!!
    Low Class
    810wmb
    madmatt

Heres a pic of my SWR Megoliath 810...got it about 3 months ago and have been in love ever since!!!

Attached Files:

2. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger. Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    2gy6o1t.jpg

This is my Ampeg SVT810E with my SVT-VR. Next to it is my pair of Avatar SB112s, but you'll have to ignore those. ;)

It's an awesome cab and it is a much better match for the SVT than my previous Carvin BR810. I sold it before buying the Ampeg but here it is anyway:

2heeu5s.jpg

It was a nice cab for the money; good sound, light, looked nice in brown. I really liked it with my B1500 but the SVT-VR didn't shine to its full potential through the ported 810. I'm very pleased with the results of switching to Ampeg. :)

3. whats the cab next to the avatar/univox

4. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    congrats Theory026 You are member #2. Nice classic setup man!!...and yes i never saw them 112's :p

5. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger. Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    That's a Seismic Audio 215 PA cab. We wanted a really affordable PA setup so, for now, we've been using a really cheap pair of 215s with a Behringer powered mixer. It sounds pretty good but can't carry much low end on its own. I've been wanting to add a sub but I keep wanting to spend my extra money on other gear. They're dirt cheap, though! I can't complain about them at all.

Thank you very much! That SWR cab looks great as well! I wish I could hear one in person. It seems that they're pretty well liked by those that get a chance to try them.

It's a beautiful Carvin, as well. The quilted look is stunning! :D

6. AwkwardLoudness

AwkwardLoudness

Jan 11, 2010
    MI USA
    I like big cabs...8x10s included.

DR405fridge.jpg

I'll nail these two together to make it count....
    bassstack1-1.jpg

7. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Here is a crappy pic of the top of my Ampeg 810E

*Note* I sold the SVT 450H and next week It will have a GK 1001RB II sitting on top of it...

Attached Files:

8. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Nice setup's guys keep them coming!!
    Thanks Theory026!! I love that SWR It sound incredible.. Unbelievable low end...she is truly a work of art!!
    AwkwardLoudness #3......I want to see them nails :p
    tdub0199 #4...congrats on the new 1001rb!! too!!

9. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thank you kind sir!!!

10. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    And, here's the mighty Mesa PH810:

810rig.jpg

11. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Welcome georgestrings...I was waiting for you;) welcome to the top 5!! you get #5 I so want to hear how that Mesa sound compared to my SWR!!

12. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    I'll give you a hint: take everything you love about your Megoliath and add another 25% of it, and then you'll have a good idea of how the Mesa sounds - ahahaha!!!

- georgestrings

13. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    How can you add 25% to something that is already prefect ???.. :p...LOL...I think we have a show down coming up lol...a friendly one that is ;)

14. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005

Ummm, adding 25% makes it perfecter??? - hahaha!!!

As for the showdown, bring it on - my Mesa and I aren't worried...

- georgestrings

15. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Placeholder for #5!!!

Just picked up a '74 flatback with original CTS speakers. Gonna need some restoration (purely cosmetic), but it's certainly worth it! Pics to come!

16. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    sorry georgestrings got #5!! Alex1984 you are #6 .....hope to see the pics soon!!:)

17. # please, fellow Canuck and 1001RB owner. I have a 2006 Ampeg 8x10SE, picts to come next time I take a camera to practice. It will have a 1991 SVT II (non-pro) on it, as I elected to use that with the 8x10 and a MESA 400 (non plus) with my 2000 Ampeg 2x15E. The two cabs together with the SVT @ 2 Ohms is simply TOO LOUD!!! Cheers.

18. I have my MTI era SVT and 8-10 cab pics posted here somewhere so may I please have a #

19. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    kosmicwizard #7
    SOB H.R.MC#8

Cant wait to see all your pic's. ...Well I am off to rehearsal so will catch you all later and figure out all the Numbers. Keep them coming!!

20. Rehearsing right now through my 810. Nothing sounds like it!

Attached Files:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021