The difference...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reptillian_Bass, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Reptillian_Bass

Sep 5, 2004
    My Room
    What, and how big, is the difference of sound between a 'metal' bass, such as the warlock, or a 'regular' bass? Is there any difference, and if I'm playing rock or something, will you be able to tell its a different type of bass?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Every bass has it's own character. A warlock's sound is generaly good for metal, but there are a TON of other basses that would work. The thing about music and instruments is that a lot of it is subjective. The warlock's style is just a good look for metal as well, but it's all about what works for you.
  3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    The only reason I would say the Warlock is a "metal" bass is it's body shape. No reason you couldn't play jazz or country with it. You might get some stares though. I use a P and I play metal. There is no "metal" bass.
  4. Reptillian_Bass

Sep 5, 2004
    My Room
    Awesome, that's what I was looking for. As for the people I play with are going with a kind of unconventional look...Alright. Thanks.
  5. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    Warlocks also come with 2 P-style pups, though, so the sound available to them really isn't that broad.

I was considering getting one, just for kicks, to play funky stuff on. But when I actually got my hands on one to try and plug in, I wasn't impressed by the tone. It's not neccicarrially a METAL bass, but it certainly isn't a very versatile bass either.