Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Double Trolly

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chrix, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    I found the site for this a while ago and I must admit that I think it's one of the coolets DB accessories that I've ever seen. I was just wondering if anyone here has one or has been able to try one and what they think.

http://www.doublebass.info/

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That looks pretty cool.

I like the quote in the testimonials: "I show it to all the people I meet...both bass players and normal persons". :D

3. It looks pretty good, but two things drew my attention:

1) price €530 (~$662.5) (!!!!!)

2) (according to the web-site), production is being moved to Asia - this will bring down the price… (and perhaps the quality <- just my opinion)

There is a stool made by K & M which looks and works well - it doesn't transport the bass, but its cost is less that half of what you would pay for the Double Trolly, and is very comfortable!

FWIW -

- Wil

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    One of the students at the Aebersold camps has one of these, and it's pretty freakin' cool. It works great as a dolly, and once you get used to the slight balancing act on the stool, it's very comfortable as well. I almost bought one before I started sitting Cello style, which this stool will not support.

5. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Triple L Music makes one that is around $150 that looks pretty cool.

The Double Trolly is WAY overpriced.

Monte

6. Monte;

Thanks for the link. I've been looking for it since I saw one on ebay.

Keith

7. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Just got an email from Double Trolly. They're trying to go through the process of getting investors and manufacturors to help mass produce the double trolly. Hopefully if this is so, they might manage to bring the price of them down substantially...

8. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    Zombie thread Alert!

Just got done with a gig where the featured bass player had one of these. Pretty fancy. Figured I'd see if they were still being manufactured. Turns out, they're not. But they are down to 73 left for anyone interested in an overpriced but killer stool.

Chris, why did the more cello-istic seated posture not work for you on this particular stool?

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I thought the stool was very cool. The way i sit cello style, my feet both need to be on a low rung, but on opposite sides of the stool. As I recall, the rung on this was only on the front. Something like that, anyway...

10. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    I think you're right. My lower bouts are so big that cello style is a bit tough. Maybe this will work for me...

11. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I like the idea but I'm not crazy about the stool. I already have this stool that I do like and have an idea about how to attach it to a Bass Buggie with simple cleat at the bottom and a short strap rigged off the stock strap securing it. When you honestly consider the time and material it's likely to take though the $450USD for the Double Trolley might not be that outrageous. The $100 shipping to North America is a killer though....