The Eagle Has Landed!!! Sadowsky All-Tube Head!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Oct 26, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am really pressed for time right now, but I am so excited, I have to share these quick shots:

Man, if there's a better looking rig than that, I have not seen it yet! (of course there is better looking carpeting, and better photography...)

It is a very compact head, and it fits nicely atop a Bergantino NV-series cab:

Talk about compact, the package was very svelt, and smartly done! (Yes, I was so excited that I took a picture of the amp in the box, before I took it out!)

How's about a little tube glow!

I promise more details, and hopefully better photos, later, but let me say for now that this amp is plenty loud! It pushed the NV215 quite hard, but with excellent control. And the EQ is extremely flexible. I'll try to get more detailed later, but let me say that I could easily dial in a number of excellent tones with this amp (and yes, having both a 40 Hz and an 80 Hz control leads to some interesting combinations!).

Gotta run, Tom.
  2. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    WOOOOOOOOOOW, Tom, can't wait to hear your that amp is AWESOME!...I WANT ONE TOO
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Daaaaammmmmmnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

What a setup you've got there Tom! Can you imagine that with an NV610 AND the NV215? ;) :D
  4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've never heard anyone call a 4-RU head compact... :ninja: must be because of that Sadowsky logo... :smug:
  5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey Tom, make sure you put a passive J bass or a P bass through that amazing setup. It's screaming for it! :bassist:
  6. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Congrats Tom. I can't wait for the detailed review on your blog :p
  7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Is that only 4 U ? :)
  8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I can't deny it... I'm jealous. Really jealous.
  9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Good for U Tom. I tried one last week. You'll love the great tones you'll get

10. I'm not a 'tube amp / 15" speaker' guy.... but if anything could tempt me, it would be that rig. Just beautiful!
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Tom, i still don't believe it's actually in your basement! You can do amazing things these days with photoshop. The only way to make a believer out of me is for you to journey up to LDS for an official audition! So, When are you coming up here? :D
  12. pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    +1 :hyper: :D
  13. Tom

Your a dick!

Haha, just yankin yer crank ;) , bet you dont need that V8 now :p
    MrDOS likes this.
  14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON

Sell everything you own and give it to the orphans.

The GAS orphans that is.
  15. pjhandlin

pjhandlin Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Wow. The visual image of that Sad/Berg setup is powerful. My mind is trying to calculate the tone possibilities....

Congrats Tom! Can't wait to read about what cabs exhibit the greatest synergy with your new amp.
  16. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    That may just be the baddest rig/bass set-up i've ever seen.
    You're a lucky, lucky fella. :)
  17. Congratuations. The one thing I noticed immediately is that it has nice large power and standby switches on the front of the amp. Obviously, that part of the layout was designed by someone with some experience fumbling around at the back of an amp on a crowed small stage.
  18. nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I could deal with that rig very, very easily. :D

Bastage! :cool:
  19. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    You are not helping my tube amp g.a.s. We expect a detailed review. Nice cab, too.