1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Event

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MatticusMania, Oct 19, 2010.

1. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Anyone else here following this show?

Sometime in Sept. I heard a bunch of radio ads one day:

Narrator: The President being lied to is not the event.
    *cut to* POTUS: "I am the President of the United States and I will not be lied to!"

Narrator: A woman gone missing from a cruise ship is not the event.
    *cut to* Some Guy: "Im trying to find my girlfriend"

So I figured its Monday, and I dont have anything to watch, I'll check this show out.

All through the first episode I'm watching, thinking 'meh', nothing to write home about. THEN, the final scene. Hmmmm, now Im intrigued, I better watch next week and see what this is all about.

Since then Ive watched every episode. Its a decent show and if you like conspiracies involving government cover ups and aliens and black ops, etc. its pretty intersting.

The ads proclaimed it to be a cross between LOST and 24, neither of which I really cared for, but this show has got me watching.

So, any other fans of The Event?

2. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    an otherwise active musician hijacked by the boob-tube is not the event

:D

3. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nah, not hijacked. I just don't find most TV shows interesting. I watched Heroes for a while, but now thats cancelled, and I really like Breaking Bad, but thats offseason until next summer. I missed last week's episode because I had a gig. Luckily I was able to watch it earlier today thanks to Verizon Vcast. I like that they usually end each episode with a good cliffhanger to get you back next week, but unlike LOST, they explain whats up the next week.

The first episode ended with a pilot hijacking a plane and attempting to crash it into a speech the President is about to make to the public. Just in the nick of time, the plane is transported away from the scene by a wormhole. How could I not watch the following week?

4. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    i's just having fun with ya.

i rarely have the time for t.v. and don't generally miss it. i do, however, find some shows interesting. then i get sucked in, then i realize i am trying to make time to watch them and get frustrated, and then i have get out.

i have tried to work thru the dvd's of arrested development and weeds (natch), but i can't find the time. i do make a point to watch south park still. 16 half-hours a year i can manage.

5. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I may be intrigued enough by things like wormholes to give it a shot.

6. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats what did it for me. The first episode was full of your typical suspense, with a couple twists here and there, but nothing that would warrant me tuning in again. Then the wormhole happened and I had to watch. The next episode deals with the govt trying to coverup the disappearance of the plane. That episode ended with a doozy as well.

Ah, I know youre just messin. I watch too much TV... ok, well my fiancee does, and Im often just 'there'. There really have been only 2 other shows in the last few years that I actually made an effort to watch when they aired. If I miss them, I say oh well, cuz I can always catch the DVD. Which reminds me, I need to get the last season of Breaking Bad, cuz I missed a few episodes in the second half.

Arrested Development is totally worth watching on DVD!

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I can watch all of the episodes on the net to catch up. Even better. I'm going to start watching them as soon as I get back to school.

8. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    There's only been 5 episodes so far, so you havent missed much. Apprently its been doing alright in the ratings, as NBC has picked it up for the entire season.

9. I've watched every episode. I never got into Lost or 24, but I figured, "What the heck... I've got nothing else to watch"

I like it.