The Fifth Element

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 27, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The Fifth Element is on TNT right now, if you hurry you can catch it. It has an awesome scene with Maïwenn Le Besco as the Diva, that scene alone is worth the whole movie. And Mila Jojovich (yummy), and Bruce Willis, Ian Holm, Luke Perry, Chris Tucker....

Highly recommended!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Oh yea, that's one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies. It's just so much fun. Not too mention all the rad music and great visual effects(even by today's standards)
  3. That movie is so incredibly odd...which is a big part of what makes it so cool. Gary Oldman is also hilariously over-the-top. A neat flick.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I never could get into that movie. Milla looks terrible in it, and I normally think she's gorgeous. Must be the no eyebrows thing.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    C'mon, the bandages did nothing for you???!?!?!?

I thought that movie was cool, pretty unique in terms of style if not so much in content.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    It's love.

...Diehard in outerspace?!?
  7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I really like the visuals of Fifth Element, the story's kind of cool as well. I think the whole movie would have been much better if Bruce Willis had just been taken out of the picture, I'm convinced, now, that man can't act his way out of a paper bag.

I was in Paris a few years ago and stopped in a comic shop and took a gander at what they had. I didn't get anything (it being all in french). But the art was fantastic, especially the sci-fi comics. I kind of wish I had gotten one now, because some of them were really really cool, watching Fifth Element, I had the same sense of awe with the visuals (it being done by a french director).
  8. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    My favorite part of that movie is when Gary Oldman is showing the Mangalores the ...

ZX1. It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying. Good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into 4 parts undetectable by xray...........etc.etc.

Awesome weapon. :D

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Milla slays me in that flick! :D
  10. He can't his way out of a paper bag? How dare him!
  11. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Does anyone else want to negotiate?

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    There are definitely some very cool scenes in this movie. How about the Chinese restaurant guy, who's floating around in that spacey looking "junk"? :D
  13. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    "flame favorite" definitely one of the best lines of the movie.
  14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Bah! Language is merely a shell, a shell I say! It can't my brilliant idea contain not no wot!
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Lee-loo Dallas mul-ti-pass."

Great movie I saw it at least three times in the theater and have it on DVD and the soundtrack on CD. The colors are great, the music is good, nice pacing. I also love the Diva scene. Peter Gabriel does a pretty cool song in the credits.

brad cook
  16. There's just so much to like about this movie!!! I love Dallas' mother guilt trips on the phone. And where else can you here Criss Tucker scream like such a little bitch

I watch everytime it comes on HBO, I need to buy it!!!!!
  17. One of my favourite sci-fi flics ever. Great balance of substance and action(not too much of either), visually stunning and most of all it doesn't come across so stagnantly serious as way too many sci-fi films do.
  18. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    "I am a meat popsicle"

"I only speak two languages, English and bad English."
  19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    someone made a movie about boron? :confused:

20. Wrong Robot