The humbug thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Christmas sucks this year, who is with me?

Sorry if this comes across as too "mike money"
  2. Well, it seems as though Christmas has lost its luster to me. Getting the tree and decorating, and just getting out of school used to be great.

But this year it just isn't as much as it used to be. With work and all, it becomes just another day.

Meh, it's my problem, no one elses.
  3.'s not as great as it used to be. First off at my cousin's house tomorrow it won't be the same because my great grandma won't be there (passed away earlier this year) and she was the life of the party. Also there just isn't really anything I want...nothing to look forward to present wise. I got a cell phone last night (1 opening-time down, 4 to go...don't ask) and there isn't much I can do with it since I can only use it if I REALLY have to (get ahold of my parents or for my mom to remind me of an appointment after school, etc). Also we always get together and decorate the tree as a family...this year it just didn't happen, my brother ended up doing most of it.

I wouldn't say it sucks, it just isn't as fun and joyous this year as the others have been.

Best Regards,
    The One And Only THole
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah I was pretty bah humbug this year, I even made a (now deleted) post or two about it - stress, money stuff, personal stuff, family stuff... But now, I've settled down about some unpleasant family decisions I had to make this season, I've got my shopping all done (got some great stuff), I'm off work in an hour and a half and ready to head home and be with my family and finish wrapping my gifts and drink a bottle of wine and cook dinner with my wife. I'm having a great day and tomorow will be better. I'm finally having a good Christmas. I know another TB'r who was pretty down on Christmas this year, until yesterday (I think) Maybe you'll come around? You're "of age" I recomend maybe some Tom & Jerry's with plenty of Crown Royal to get the holiday cheer fired up!

(Oh, sorry - I kind of crapped on your humbug thread :meh: )
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Christmas has turned into nothing more than a retail holiday, imo. I realize the three wisemen came bearing gifts, but it's gotten waayyy to far out of hand.
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    it's all about tonight's dinner at my grandma's, great food!

then it's all downhill, but im used to it :)
  7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah man. i know exactly how you feel. i didn't really even ask for much for christmas, i said i'm gonna buy some new equipment, and asked for an xbox. i am getting more than i asked for, whatever. it's kind of an odd feeling, with the earthquake, blah. a lot of things, being sick too.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

No, no no no. Don't even hint that I would ever do anything this lame. If I made a humbug thread, it would be filled with reasons why I was angsty and angry... not just a panty-waste "Christmas sucks..."

I'd be like....

#q$&#@& YOU 2^#&*#&#^&#@ SANTA CLAUSES AT THE MOTHER ^@#&#&*#& MALL!!!! ALL YOU @^@&^ DO IS FREAKING GIVE POOR KIDS FROM POOR FAMILIES FALSE w^@&@&#%& HOPES FOR CHRISTMAS!!@#!^@&@&@^#q@%^@&@# DIE YOU UGLY RED SACK OF F#*$($*$*#^@$@*$w&#&#&#!!!!!!!!

Well, not really. But mine would have been much much better.
  9. christmas this year for me = crap.

earlier today, as i was headed to work, my mom said "i might not even be here when you get back."
    so, the folks are splitting soon, it seems. not a big surprise. my dad usually talks to me about how much he'd rather be dead than here in our house. that really helps me with my depression.

my brother's court case is still up in the air; either way, it's gonna be at least larsony and conspiracy. maybe unarmed robbery. which would mean 5-8 in state prison.

merry christmas guys.
  10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    It's looking up, at the last minute I decided to go to my Granparents Christmas dinner, which I haven't been to in years. This is probably the last Christmas for a few of my family members, and I am glad I went. Grandmas meals still kick ass!
  11. *is not celebrating xmas this year*

And I don't see why I should, despite all the funny faces I've got from friends & family.

12. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA

Christmas is one of the only times of the year my entire family is together in one place, and we always make the best of it and have a great time. I love Christmas because of that.
  13. the christmas spirit didn't hit me until earlier today...when I went shopping for christmas presents.

I'm full of it baby:D
  14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio for sure.
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    christmas will always be great for me, because not only is it christmas, it is also my birthday
  16. I'm really not feelin it this year but i guess i better live it up... i leave for basic training in June so this will probably be one of the last with all the family for a long while.

17. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I hear ya, I have to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Graveyard shift that is.

This year it was strictly for my two kids.

My Wife and I even decided to not get each other anything.

We told ourselves we would just take whatever money and buy a set of 38 1/2 Super Swampers for the truck.
  18. Happy Birthday
  19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I still don't have that 15" cab, or the (white please!) Ibanez JS1000.:bawl:
  20. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio

I'm sure you are...more than we know :D *lol*

Christmas doesn't "suck" but its definately not what it used to be. Somewhere along the line it just starts feeling different.

I'll admit, this Christmas was the best I've had in a long time. I have 2 nephews to share it with now, a great relationship, and I was able to get the people I care about what they want (or I THINK they wanted) for Christmas :) Hell, my brother-inlaw lit up like a christmas tree (pun intended) and all I got him was a 1/2 bag of beef jerky <-- Shameless, not affiliated with plug :D