Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Lowend is almost done!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Al Caldwell, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    It's almost done! I've got great plans for these puppy's. I can't get over how great they look. Al Caldwell

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Not much longer! I got to play the original white Low End Jazz in Indianapolis and it was terrific! Flexible hi-fi tone with jazz bass punch, and the feel and playablility of a hand-made too. I'll be super psyched to see the finished basses, but it looks like your five will be the first!

3. Very cool, Al!! Can't wait to see those finished.

4. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    I'm trying volume ,tone volume ,tone ,EXB pre. I can't wait to see what that sounds like. The EXB pre works so well with it's own pick-ups but it sound questionable with third party pick-ups. The seven string will have
    the new Benavente pre. I hope that I have enough time to practice before we hit the road. I told Cris that my new basses look like Sunday Morning at New Northside Church!!! My basses look like Gospel!!

5. That's awesome, Al! The maple fretboard and white finish go so well together.

6. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    [​IMG]
    Check out these wonderful wet bodies!

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    mmmm white jazzes, hawt! IMd like to try a 6er one day.

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Mine is the trans-white over ash 5 on the far right. I'm sure I've posted the specs...Benavente pre and PU's, clear and tort half-guards (ala Sadowsky), maple board, chrome hardware.

Al, you're right...that white jazz does say "gospel"! (Along with a Tobias 5 or 6, they also say "gospel"!)

Having played the white one in Indy, I know they won't disappoint.

9. Yeah, having one of these at church would be very nice!

10. :eek:

better change my undies...
    I just had a bad case of GASeria

11. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I sure hope that circuit breaker panel is in a drying room and not the spraying room (like it looks!) Don't blow yourself up Chris!

12. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    hey al,why you want to make me poor? it's getting to the point where i HAVE to try one of these bass's and i know most likely i will buy one

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I love these basses! My compliments to the chef!

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    for sure! I can't wait to play one!

15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    WOW, really cool thread guys.

Thanks, I'm glad your enjoying the LowEnd Jazz basses. Chris is doing a great job on them to produce something very special and unlike any other Jazz basses.

Heres a 6 that we are doing for a customer. He likes a darker color stain, none paint. We did a walnut stain finish with matching headstock. The pictures and flash make it almost purple looking but its a walnut trans brown stain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. To James Hart.
    Man, you got an awesome band!
    I loved everysong on the media section!!
    also, on the site all the lyrics go to "kin"
    you might want to get that fixed.
    But awesome band, KUDOS!!!

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Thanks! and yeah, I intend to use anchors to get to the exact song... haven't got that far :p

Hey Brian, Is that the 6 string Chuck Rainey wanted you to build him? I love the walnut stain!!! What body wood did he choose? Can I come with you to deliver it :D ?

18. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

:D

19. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Chuck Rainey!

Hart outed you, sucka! Now I know who to pump for information...the web guy!

The alder bass I play sounded so live I thought it was ash, so I can't imagine how the ash bass is going to sound :eek:

20. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    worst looking logo ever seen.