The Most "Flexible" String???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by joeyang761020, May 20, 2004.

1. What would it be?? Curious.............. And would it have lower mid if it's flexible??
  2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The TI Jazz Flats & TI Jazz Rounds are the most flexible strings I've ever played, and they also happen to be my favorites.
    They also seem to plenty of low mids to my ears.
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
  4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I use the TI jazz rounds. I find them very flexible. I also find that the tonal balance across strings and up the neck is wonderful

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Another vote for TI Jazz Rounds. I put 'em on with a bunch of mods in December, and they feel incredible. Chalk that up not only to being VERY flexible (drool), but the windings are exceptionally small, so they're way easier on the fingers (and knuckles, while Les-strumming). Also, these get better with age. On the first day I used 'em, I almost took 'em right back off -- what with the funny feel and weird, tinny sound, but I wasn't about to toss $50 CAD strings away, so I kept playing them and as they broke in, they've also been the best sounding strings I've ever used, in addition to best feel. Soon, I'm gonna give 'em the best life award too. I've had them on longer than any other strings I've ever used, and I've gotta say...they still sound phenomenal. I'm not sure what it is about them -- the silk between the core and windings, or the exceptionally small windings themselves, but something's keeping the crud out.
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yep. TI Jazz Rounds. Great strings. I've used them on many different basses. Very flexible, but the dynamics available from the string are incredible.
  7. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Anyone using Jazz rounds on a Stingray 5? I had TI flats on it for a while, but the B string didn't speak as well as it does with rounds. I'm not sure if it's a tension issue or a harmonic content issue. I haven't had this bass for long.
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the low string tension is another thing i love about these strings...
  9. [​IMG]
  10. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    TI's have a nice low tension feel, but the Zon Ultrasonics lights, to me are the lightest tension strings that I've played. They too have great sounding mids, and the SS are the longest lasting Ss that I have played so far.
  11. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Other than the TIs, the Fodera Vic Wooten signature strings are very flexible.
  12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    The Dude Pit seems to have the best online price that I can find on these.

Anybody know of any better sources, pricewise?
  13. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The Dude Pit is the cheapest online source for TI's that I know of. I used to be competitive with Dude, but had to raise prices after the 2nd rate increase in one year. By order of the bean counter... what can I say? :meh:

14. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Tom, good to see you here.

I've never bought anything from Dude but I have from you. I'm sure that his service it really good but I know for a fact that I was very impressed from the string purchases I have made from you. Buying strings should be a simple process and it was in both orders that I sent you. And I got them way before any GC could get them to me. ;) And none of the local mom/pop shops even know what Tomastik-Infeld is. :eek: