Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Official fEARful Club!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yup, clubs are kinda lame! But let's start one anyway. :cool::bassist::hyper::bassist::cool:

One of the primary aims of this club is to see just how many fEARful cabs are out there. No doubt there are some lurkers are around who have built or bought a fEARful but we don't hear much from them. Now is the time to chime in and let us know what you have!

This club is inclusive to all things fEARful be it a 12/6, 15/6, 1515/66... whatever you have... the ONE thing that is mandatory is that it must be a GreenBoy designed fEARful cab that has been built to the exact specs that GB has spent countless hours perfecting.

I'll repeat that...

Given that this is The Official fEARful Club only fEARful cabs qualify. I am sorry but nEARfuls cannot be included. It has to be a GreenBoy spec'd design with his recommended components, older GreenBoy specs certainly included. The alternative would just complicate things with so many other possibilities. My humblest apologies as it really is not in my nature to be exclusionary, but I do not see it working properly in this case, if I don't. If you have an LDS cab perhaps the LDS Club would suffice? Thanks in advance for your understanding. :)

If you would like to get more details on the specifics of these cabs, by all means please ask. I would like to mention that there is already a dedicated fEARful thread (well actually multiple mega threads) on TB that has more information than you can shake a stick at.

For those seriously considering a fEARful I suggest going to the fEARful Forum where GB hangs out and a number of other sharp minds reside.

The official fEARful Forum: fEARful

The official fEARful website: fEARful™ enclosures for bass/drums/keys

A picture of your fEARful cab gets you a number. If you don't want a number, no problem, but please tell us about your cab anyway. It would be interesting to see how many fEARful cabs are out there.

Please tell us how many fEARful cabs you have. I want to *try* to keep track of how many fEARfuls exist. It probably wont be accurate, but at least it could be indicative of a ball-park figure.

And last but not least a BIG thank you to Greenboy to not only expending an incredible amount of effort to make these cabs just simply outstanding, but also a huge thanks for providing these plans at no cost. A truly selfless act that allows anyone in the bass community to benefit tremendously.

Again your picture gets you a number.

Official fEARful Club Membership

1 - GreenBoy (Honourary member)
    2 - ::::Bassist:::: (Torin Opper)

My fEARful 15/6 - fibreglass build by Art of Noise Audio. Incredible tone, loud as heck and very portable at 39LBS.

[​IMG]

My 12/6 built by PassinWind

[​IMG]

2. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I am in!! Got a 15/6/1 and 1515/66/1. Pictures to follow tomorrow when I get home!! Unless my avitar pic counts. Then again there are a few threads that already have the pics. Either way I want a number Lol :D

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    I'm in, with my 15/6s!
    —Will

[​IMG]

5. christw

christw Get low! Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Disclosures:
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    You guys are killing me here! I'm planning to cut my rigs back to just a ShuttleMAX 12 and either a 12/6 + 12sub or 15/6 + 15sub when money allows. (Well, that and my B15. :D)

Speaking of, can anyone give me approximate dimensions of each of those cabs? I want to know how much fits in my Accord's trunk as that's my limiting factor. :smug:

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Dimensions here: greenboy's fEARful downloads

The 15/6 is a fairly large-ish cab at approx 30x20x16. I put mine in the front seat of my 97 Civic sedan and its fairly well. Wont fit the trunk.

7. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Disclosures:
    Thanks Torin. Just a thought and you don't have to like it but don't you think we should give #1 to Greenboy??? I mean if it was not for him we would not even a fearful club. Just a thought you don't have to like it just tossing it out there!! Anyways love the club!!

8. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, that's a good idea. Not sure he'd be much interested, but whatever we can do to honour him is a good thing.

9. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada

1 - GreenBoy (Honourary member)
    2 - ::::Bassist:::: (Torin Opper)
    3 - Canadian*eh (picture pending)
    4 - Willicious

10. MX21

MX21 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Count me in. I built a 12/6 and the first 1212/6.

MX21

11. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Sure thing MX21!

Found a pic of your 1212/66.

[​IMG]

12. mattwear

mattwear

Aug 7, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    I'm up for a number please. 1212/6. Photo taken prior to attaching the grille. Thanks

Attached Files:

13. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada

1 - GreenBoy (Honourary member) - ?
    2 - ::::Bassist:::: (Torin Opper) - 2
    3 - Canadian*eh (picture pending)- 2
    4 - Willicious - 2
    5 - mattwear - 1
    6 - MX21- 2

That's a total of 9 fEARful cabs so far.

Welcome Matt... I know that gk sounds great with that fEARful. :)

14. Not really one for clubs but I will make an exception for my fEARful so might as well have a number.

!5/6 4U Airhead here but I have yet to get a proper photo of the finished article. I really need to get it outside where I have some space but it's freezing here at the moment.

Edit
    I've now got a photo over on the fEARful site but being an old git and computer illiterate (as far as this new fangled url stuff goes) have no idea how to get it to appear here. Advice anyone?

15. Marcocolo

Marcocolo

Sep 10, 2008
    Fairfield,Iowa
    Can I have club #9 please? It's my favorite. My 15/6 out of Eurolite ply -36 lbs. It doesn't look like your typical fEarful from the outside but it is exact in dimensions on the inside-Greenboy approved.

Attached Files:

16. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Does it have to be a completed cab? Or can I join with a work in progress?

17. christw

christw Get low! Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Disclosures:
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Thanks! I could fit two 12/6 as my biggest trunk rig. I'll probably go for a 12/6 + 12sub when my time comes.

Btw guys, if anyone ever wants to unload one, this is my shameless plug. :D

18. popgadget

popgadget Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Disclosures:
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    Does the 1212/6/1 in my avatar count as a picture?

19. Canadian*eh, no need to go looking far for a picture of your cab - it's right there in your profile pic!

20. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Disclosures:
    I know dekker but they ask for it so I must post lol:p thank you again for your great work on my cabs now let's see yours;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.