1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official My T-Shirt shrank from my emo tears

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    So heres the deal. Indie Merchstore has a deal on cheap shirts. I bought 4 of these cheap shirts and have bought 4 XL's while im a medium small. ( the measurements they gave me for XL seem liked they'd fit decently. I bought it with the intention of tossing it in the dryer to shrink it down a bit. Only if needed to of course.)

I soaked 1 shirt in hot water for a while. Then threw it in the Dryer for a bit and it came out a bit smaller. The next day i tried it again, but ironed it in after it sat in hot water for 20 minutes, then tossed it in the dryer again for a longer time ( around 1.5 hours) It did shrink but i still need it smaller. Right now its probably a Large. I need it to be a Medium at the very least. Besides the sewing route, what else could i do?

Thanks!

2. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    knew someone would say something like that. Please to the kids that are going to reply with responses like that, piss off, get a girlfriend and do something with your life.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    +1

not only that, but if they are that cheap, then give them to somebody else who can wear them and buy 4 more.

EDIT, sorry. I didn't know this was serious thread only. Forgive my response. As good advice, why dont you just buy shirts that fit?

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    What did you expect?

5. kelso_burn.

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    NO

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    I was expecting one of the more intelligent TB'ers to come by. Guess I'll have to wait till they get home from work.

8. YES?
    china-panda-birthday-01.

9. Dude, I'm already here.

10. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    :meh: Great way of encouraging people to give you serious answers. :meh:

As for advice on shrinking your shirts, a method that has always worked for me is buying ones that fit in the first place.

11. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    dude...you're 17...have some fun, eh?

12. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    alright username post away, whadya got?

13. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    [​IMG]

14. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    hahaha, im having fun. and its only Thursday.

15. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    its not my fault be was being a little ***.

16. Ah, the old "I was being a jerk and now I'm being made fun of, so I'll just pretend it was a joke" routine.

17. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    classic, eah?

18. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Dude, not saying anything against you giving the links, just that he could have foud this suff out for himself, if he really wanted to. Its not hard, and didn't seem to take you long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.