The Spaceman Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. donald-trump-moon-nasa.jpg
    The company we support - Spaceman

A place to discuss the pedals of Spaceman Effects

Shadowkast and Matt Dean like this.
  2. Member List
    #1- jazznrick - Titan ll (Blue)
    #2- mosfed - Blazer (black); Saturn V (chrome, silver ruined); Mercury III (silver); Aphelion (copper, purple); Sputnik (grey); Sputnik II (olive, black); Rumble Fuzz (silver); Gemini III (silver); Titan II (chrome, copper); Atlas III (chrome, copper); Explorer Deluxe (chrome, copper, Secret Mission); Voyager (chrome); Orion (polished); Spacerocket (silver, black); Wow Signal Modded (silver)
    #3- 76jazzbass - Orion; Explorer Deluxe (chrome); black Sputnik; black Gemini III; chrome Atlas and black Voyager

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Mosfed likes this.
  3. All these clubs are so lame, but do post your spaceman pedals on your boards

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I'd say I am a fan

IMG_4208.JPG

5. any chance you could type all the names of those beauties so I can put them next to your name, Mosfed?

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    - Blazer (black); Saturn V (chrome, silver ruined); Mercury III (silver); Aphelion (copper, purple); Sputnik (grey); Sputnik II (olive, black); Rumble Fuzz (silver); Gemini III (silver); Titan II (chrome, copper); Atlas III (chrome, copper); Explorer Deluxe (chrome, copper, Secret Mission); Voyager (chrome); Orion (polished); Spacerocket (silver, black); Wow Signal Modded (silver)

A bunch not pictured.

odarellmc and jazznrick like this.
  7. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    A few random thoughts on Spaceman

- my favorite fuzz from Zak? the Sputnik. Can't wait to try my Sputnik IIs when I finally get them from the US.
    - favorite boost? Saturn V. Incredible slightly dirty boost.
    - favorite Modulation? The Explorer Deluxe is something really special.
    - favorite finish? Chrome - fer chur

I hope we get a good preamp/EQ and a nice compressor from Zak at some point.

jazznrick likes this.
  8. So the Explorer Deluxe is that good? I have had my eye on it.
    I hope we get a bass overdrive.

9. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I bet Zak will do another overdrive soon. The Aphelion is amazing on bass if you use a passive bass or a buffer buster before it (kinda like all of Zak's fuzzes and distortions). I don't think we will ever get a specific bass overdrive - I don't see why he would limit his market given that all of his dirt works well on both guitar and bass.

I would love to see his take on an envelope filter.

The Explorer is amazing - I don't have my real versions yet - also waiting in NYC, but I do have the Secret Mission version and it's really cool. I love the square wave modes and the envelope sensitive modes.

jazznrick likes this.
  10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Pretty quiet in here.

A few shoutouts to some Spaceman freaks - @DirtyDuke was the original and he scored me my Gemini and Mercury. He also scored the copper Atlas for me. But then he sold off his whole collection for mucho denaro. @nshuman was pretty much on my timetable and we completed our collections at the same time. And then he got sick of waiting months for pedals and sold everything @BartmanPDX gigs with his Saturn, Aphelion and Atlas pretty often. @76jazzbass is one of the few remaining Breeder Spaceman collectors. @Proton Lenny is kinda new to Zak's wonders but is really grooving on the Titan and he made a killer demo of it and the Explorer.

11. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Still have a crazy soft spot for Spaceman. Trying not to think about it. It's crack.

DirtyDuke, Mosfed and jazznrick like this.
  12. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Still have a Gemini clone and rumble fuzz clone.

Wish I still had the merc 3 and the modded wow. But I was doing a home reno and the value had peaked so out the door they went lol

I will probably recreate the original collection someday.

Mosfed and jazznrick like this.
  13. 76jazzbass

76jazzbass Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    I recently added an Orion to my collection and my chrome Explorer arrived few weeks ago. Both sound great! I am dreaming of the day Zak that makes a delay.

Mosfed and jazznrick like this.
  14. you're #3!

76jazzbass likes this.
  15. 76jazzbass

76jazzbass Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    I also have a black Sputnik, black Gemini III, chrome Atlas and black Voyager.

jazznrick likes this.
  16. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I REALLY want an Explorer Deluxe... just saying.

HenningSB and jazznrick like this.
  17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I've owned but sold/donated: WOW signal, Spacerocket, Sputnik.

Still own: Saturn V, Atlas III, Aphelion, Voyager, Explorer Deluxe.

For a very long time, the Saturn V was my go-to dirty boost/light OD and perhaps my favorite pedal. The Atlas is also very sweet as a boost. The Aphelion was a very surprising winner of favorite 'in-the-mix' OD. I hated it soloed but somehow it ended up being magic in the mix for me. The Voyager and Explorer remain my favorite modulation pedals.

I keep trying to get away from Spaceman but Zak keeps releasing amazing-sounding pedals.

Pic with all of them except the purple Aphelion:

IMG_3602.JPG

I don't need a number.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  18. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Ugh! Like a hungery brown trout going after a mayfly, I bought protonlenny’s Explorer Deluxe.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  19. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    And here it is.... it arrive today.
    :)

D98113EB-B484-42AB-BEAE-9CB7C0DE8E1D.jpeg

jazznrick, Mosfed and arrowsun like this.
  20. GardenBass

GardenBass

Mar 11, 2014
    Western Mass
    ok so you've had it a while.... what's your take on it? I'm a phaser junkie and am trying to convince myself i don't need a third phaser :)
    I have a Voyager and just love it. so much can be done with it. The envelope is a brilliant.

Matt Dean likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021