1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

The Sushi Box FX Secret Society

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kranahan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Are there any other clips of the Space Heater floating around, other than what’s already on the website?

Sushi Box FX likes this.
  2. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

There’s none out in the wild yet. First ones will be in the March batch.

3. Sushi Box FX

Sushi Box FX Supporting Member Commercial User

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    It's not black and white, it's actually purple and tan-ish white, but yup that's it. Not quite as sexy as some of the others, but it was late and I liked it :p I am not an artistic person, all the images I use are just ideas that I have and find images for online. I like the Westinghouse graphics but in a different way, a simple elegance if you will.

Also aside from not being very artistic I'm also not much of a photographer, every single pedal I've ever made looks at least 12x better in person than I'm able to capture in pictures.

4. I'm really digging that Vampire Slayer pedal art, but just a word of caution/awareness since I'm a graphic designer in Marketing for a day job...

Using imagery for professional uses that you find and save from the internet could land you in copyright issues. Keeping things as anonymous as possible: A direct connection of mine (not me!) was terminated immediately for two instances of doing that, which cost that person's company almost 6 figures between the two lawsuits.

There's a number of stock photography sites out there that have royalty free resources... You'd be much safer finding/purchasing imagery from one of those than a right click > save that may cost you a lot of money!

5sg.

Rich48, extreme, Sushi Box FX and 5 others like this.
  5. Sushi Box FX

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    Excellent advice, and that's generally what I've been doing. Back when I first started I shamelessly stole pictures and even removed a couple watermarks, but those pedals never left my house (until later when they left in the garbage can). The amount of cheap/free artwork out there today is phenomenal. I don't want to get sued :D

6. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Just a friendly reminder that there is still a Deep Dish in the classifieds.

7. CATFISHMcC0Y

CATFISHMcC0Y

Mar 23, 2017
    Indiana
    hahaha it’s staring at me!!!! planning to sell a cab i have locally today so it might still be in my future if i can scrape together the scratch

8. kranahan

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    The "pedal stares" are the worst...

CATFISHMcC0Y and NKBassman like this.
  9. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I do it at least once a day with the new Oracle DI (w/XLR).

PeterH, Mushroo, Eric Cioe and 6 others like this.
  10. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    They haunt my dreams.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  11. Mmm, that Oracle DI is on my list. But it's not staring at me quite yet though... waiting to see what Sushi geniuses up (that's now a verb) for a tube DI(s), and am on the list for a Westinghouse in March to tide me over.

The Ottobit Jr. has me firmly in it's gaze at the moment though. :D

5sg.

PeterH and MascisMan like this.
  12. letsgethandsome

letsgethandsome Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Ha ha love this… Pedal stares are the worst. Heck, I have three or four sushi pedals staring me down right now.

kranahan, NKBassman and Sushi Box FX like this.
  13. Sushi Box FX

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    I know what that's like x40ish

IMG_20210225_143812.jpg

14. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
  15. moon-bass

moon-bass Up to the moon and back Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    I just picked one of these up - still in it's way to me, can't wait to get it.

I have a bunch of tube DIs, but looking forward to seeing what Sushibox is cooking up. Also looking forward to that SVT style preamp ...

Ethereal Thorn and MascisMan like this.
  16. Sushi Box FX

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    They'll be there, I promise ;) Ever since the Great Tube Accident of 2021 where eleven 6N21B lost their lives after falling off the workbench, I leave all my tubes in the tube cabinet until they're ready for the install and play check (which will hopefully start tonight).

PeterH, Lowendtech, MascisMan and 4 others like this.
  17. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    PeterH and Sushi Box FX like this.
  18. Sushi Box FX

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    Does it make it better or worse if 7 of them are actually for me? :p

19. kranahan

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    It depends what they do.

20. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    he probably has like 8 tubes in the things he builds for himself.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021