The "Tour" T-shirt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by two fingers, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Funny

116 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Dumb

20 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. Funny as long as you know you're going to lose money on them.

79 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Funny if the graphic includes carrots.

9 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Is THIS what we've come to Twofer? Dad band T-shirts? I'm going back to tort and flats arguments.

13 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OK, I own my situation. I'm in a great dad band. I love my band. It fits PERFECTLY into my lifestyle right now. The members are like family to me.

We get SERIOUS about playing the songs correctly. We dive deep into vocal harmonies. We pick apart the music until we're satisfied. The bar is set pretty high when it comes to that.

Otherwise, we don't take ourselves too seriously AT ALL. We do this for fun.

As such, I've been tossing around a (potentially) funny idea. We literally mostly play two venues. One is a bar in my town (as well as the drummer, guitar player, and keys player). The other is in the town where our female singer lives. But even that is only 18 miles from my house. Other than that we'll do a local festival, college football tailgate, or private party from time to time. But all of them are near here.

I really want to design a "Tour 2023" T-shirt for my band. I even want to name the "tour". I even want to have the "tour" dates on the back (which will basically be those two local bars and a couple of town events).

I think it would be hilarious. And we would sell them as such. It's not meant to be serious. It's meant to be sort of an "inside joke" between us and those who buy/wear the shirts.

I'm talking serious graphics like a Boston or Journey album cover. Tour dates on the back. "Album cover" style graphics on the front.

We would probably have to sell the for little or no profit, because the graphics and printing in multiple colors wouldn't be cheap. But I don't care. It's not about making money for me. It's the joke.

Talk me out of it.

A couple of random images from the interwebz.
    journey.jpg stones.jpg

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Go for it.
    I'll take one please. XL.
    I'll pay double if you all include Dublin, Ireland.

3. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    If I can talk them into it, you got a deal (only I wouldn't charge you double).

Oddly likes this.
  4. It's not a crazy idea to me. I never would have imagined that anyone would buy shirts from our little combo but we've placed 3 or 4 orders for 20 at a time and all have gone quickly. I think 40 hats too.

5. BargeOn

BargeOn

Mar 19, 2004
    CNY
    How many are you prepared to give away?

Won't a bumper sticker do? Maybe buy a sticker for $20 and get a free shirt?

Jamie Hale and two fingers like this.
  6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I'll not talk you out of it. I think it's pretty cool and fun.

7. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Only if given as gifts to family, friends, and any unrelated fans that may exist.

Take the high road, that way everyone has fun with it.

two fingers likes this.
  8. Bullitt5135

Bullitt5135

Nov 16, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Dig it.

two fingers likes this.
  9. One of the bands I’m in has joked about doing this for years.

two fingers likes this.
  10. MG Wolf

MG Wolf Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Due East
    XL for moi, please and thank you :thumbsup:

two fingers likes this.
  11. Funny, I think. I have been doing shirts with just our graphic and name - people all over the place are asking for them. I think the less you put on there the better because it looks like a nice design and not an ad.

JRA and two fingers like this.
  12. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Can you out tour dates on a bumper sticker? The whole point was literally a TOUR t-shirt.

Plucky The Bassist and Oddly like this.
  13. Do it

two fingers and JRA like this.
  14. Stewie

Stewie

Jul 3, 2013
    Near Boston
    Do it! I’ll buy one and wear it to gigs. When asked who the heck is this band? I’ll stare in disbelief and ask them where they have been hiding not to know

also an extra large( I like my T shirts loose)

Oddly, two fingers and Riff Ranger like this.
  15. Tim Grant

Tim Grant Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Middletown, VA
    Do it! I'll trade you one of mine for yours. Mine is more of a "festival" theme with most of the bands I played in throughout my 50 years on Earth. 20220916_105350.jpg 20220916_105337.jpg

16. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I think it would be funny, and not very expensive - I'm guessing not much above $10. Sell 'em at a loss, toss a few to the people who come regularly.

17. Bajo Clarkko

Bajo Clarkko

Aug 9, 2015
    I like it.

Could you keep a straight face while asking your daughters to wear them to school?

18. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

:laugh: :roflmao: no can do! it's a great idea! make the greatest tour t-shirt ever! good luck! :thumbsup:

19. BargeOn

BargeOn

Mar 19, 2004
    CNY
    Doh, right. I'm a little dense sometimes.

Still, if you sold bumper stickers while on tour, cars all over would be advertising your name :rolleyes:

mikewalker and two fingers like this.