Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The True Blue Aussie Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, May 1, 2005.

1. Man, I wanna start an Irish thread... but I have a feeling I'd be on my own there!

Although we did impregnate the world...

I like Ned Kelly.

2. You'd be all right in the Europe thread, wouldn't you?

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Somebody say "sheep"?! Yup, this is an aussie thread alright! :D

brad cook

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ken oath mate, ken oath.

5. I live in Australia. Count me in.

6. lol. if we had an aussie mod. you'd be so banned right now!

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Crikey cobber. You'd have to be a right dingo to think like that.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A question for You great Australian TBers, What has been Australia's contribution to the worlds Culture? I mean America gave the world, Ashlee Simpson and Jerry Springer. And the Europeons give us Nickleback and the Spice Girls. Canada gave us Molson Canadian and some Major Canadian Babebage. All I can think of is the Crocidile Guy? Please Help me on this , I know there's more , I'm sure I'm just missing it. :p

9. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Australia had Bardot, Kylie Minogue, Danni Minogue, Russel Crowe and yes, the big one, Steve Irwin.

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think you may have overlooked me.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *crickets chirping*

brad cook

12. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    How could I have forgotton Mark Latimour? This might be one of the greatest oversights of all time, like the Beatles not winning the grammy for best new Artest, or CIA saying that WMD's was a "Slam Dunk". Anyway I truely apologize , because Mark has truely been a GREAT contributor to the culture of TB, I also forgot about Olivia Newton John, so as Brad Cook once said to Mark Latimour "Let's get Physical" :D

13. Us australians invented the sickie, i think i am going to take one tomorrow to make it a 4 day weekend, YAY! on the bad news front, i got too drunk the other night, knocked my bass over, and fell on it damaging the E-string and bending the neck...

14. I am VERY VERY VERY sorry to say that Canada is responsible for Nickelback, not Europe. :scowl:

Isn't Nicole Kidman an Aussie?

15. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    You mean I didn't know where my favorite band came from? Boy that leaves Europe on the short end of the stick, I mean Monty Python was like a long time ago ;)

16. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then no. Try the New Zealand thread.

17. isnt russel crowe a kiwi?

18. Damn right! They're all yours...

We gave the world... white man!

..damn. We suck.

The Aussies gave the world over-sized knives! And toombulups! And kookaburras, and yabbies, and the froj-jeezle, and squitbockers, and wangarattas...

Madness I tells ya...