Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Ultimate Versatile Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pöl, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    So I'm looking to change my rig.
    It needs to be very versatile and ofcourse it needs to sound good!

I was thinking about an Ashdown ABM EVO II 210-500 for the smaller venues and studio.

When I have to go large and deep, I was thinking about putting an Ampeg 410HLF under it.

So: Ashdown EVO II 210-500 + Ashdown 410HLF

What do you guys think? Will it cover most of my playing. (i try to play everything, except heavy metal things)
    I play mostly Fender basses (1 jazz, 1 p and 1 p/j)

Thanks

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Ultimate? Versatile?

I'm just blabbing now... some would want something under 40LBS total, some would want to fill a stadium with bass, FROM THEIR RIG. others would only want to spend $500 USD!

My Advice, trying to make an "ultimate versatile rig": to cover many bases, not basses!, Go separate components and modular cab options. find a pre you like, find a stereo poweramp that can handle 4ohms per side with separate gain controls and bridgability. buy cabs you are willing to carry. get a 115, 410, 210, couple of 112, maybe a couple of 110s. all 8ohm cabs

for smaller gigs you could bring a 110 or add a 112 or a couple of 112s. for a medium gig you could use the 410 or a 115+210. for a huge gig you could have 115+410 on one side and 2x 112 on the other side.

OR you can go with your idea, that would work too! ;)

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Ashdown cant use the Ampeg 410HLF as an extention cab as it´s 4 ohms.
    The ABM amp will not work with a load under 4 ohms.