1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The weather has gone postal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lalabadie, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    So my school has just closed. I'm going back to bed.

Here's a list of the weather warnings for today:
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/?product=alerts

Here it takes a 20cm or more snowfall with strong winds to close something. How does your place handle the storms?

2. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Get in the closet quickly.

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    A snowplow hit a car this morning. The visibilty was 2 feet. the winds were 50knots, the snow is blowing, it was freezing rain a couple hours ago, there is about 3//4' snow on the ground. Bus cancelled. woo ****ing hoo!

Now, its starting to be sunny out. The hell?

4. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Here, at the other side of the globe, it's weird too!
    It's normally rather cool in the beginning of winter, something like 16C (60-65F), but today it was warm enough for me to go out wearing just a t-shirt without a wink (over 75F I guess). Moreover, they say that in the near days it will go over 80F. :eek:

5. In my city, the high temperature last Sunday was 72. The following day, the high temperature was 30. :eek:

6. Wafoleri

Wafoleri

Jan 15, 2008
    Greensburg, Pa
    Friday there was about 4-5 inches here and the roads were covered.

Monday, it was in the 70's and sunny.

Run for the hills?

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sunny and temperate, here in northern Blighty.

8. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    We could go out in t-shirt this week-end and several times in the past weeks....... today is the day it snows of the year :eek:

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    ... although it was snowing here on Monday, but nothing like you Canadians get.

10. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    It's all relative. Around here we get one tornado every 20 years, very small tropical storm aftermaths, sometimes an average earthquake. So we count on the snow to get even with the rest of the world.

Our annual snow management (in Quebec, not Canada) budget is 55 million dollars. We busted it in december :confused:

The last reliable number I have on the volume of snow that has been transported to different snow depots (basically snow that's been removed from the roads) is 1,7 million cubic meters by the 13th of february.

I say, what the United States have as an army, we have as snow plows.

11. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Weather has been pretty typical over here v:confused:v