1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

There aren't enough homes for them all...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThuzzleFump, Dec 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThuzzleFump

ThuzzleFump All your bass...

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    I keep acquiring instruments to ensure that they have a forever home. I am a bass rescuer.

IMG_20161231_103845.

2. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Congrats. You are officially the best bass rescuer for metal, sir!

PortlandBass77 and ThuzzleFump like this.
  3. where do you sign up for that job? does it pay well on top of it? If so sign me up lol

PortlandBass77 and ThuzzleFump like this.
  4. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    It pays well for *somebody.* ;)

alack, PortlandBass77 and JRA like this.
  5. hahaha.... sounds like this may not be a career option for me.... or maybe I could start one up like a pet rescue center lol

jamro217 and ThuzzleFump like this.
  6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    That Carvin AC50 is cool.

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  7. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    The financial potential seems to be about the same.

8. Hahahaha.... I guess the way I worded it yeah... Maybe too much to put down to be worthwhile.... Seems like I want to fix and release them back in to the populous... I don't know if that would be the correct wording... I would keep them.... So maybe I can take in poor old beater basses and give them life. Let them roam around on the farm and such. lol

Old Blastard and ThuzzleFump like this.
  9. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    Show those basses some love! Give em some stickers or scarfs on the headstock, make em feel at home.

Old Blastard and ThuzzleFump like this.
  10. Londo Molari

Londo Molari

Jan 1, 2014
    2 blocks east of Mars
    Decendant from the Clovis culture. "Emitting that wonderful bass effect since 1970".
    Tell us about the Microfrets bass!

jamro217 and ThuzzleFump like this.
  11. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Nice collection! If the rescue home gets too crowded, I'd help you out and "foster home" one or two! :D

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  12. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

ha! well, someone has to do it! nice job! :thumbsup:

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  13. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    Good eye, my friend! Here are a few key points:

It's an early 70s Signature model; dating to exact year is uncertain.
    It was clearly in someone's basement for about 45 years. It's completely pristine, though it actually smells a bit musty from storage. I figure that will clear up at some point. It's not offensive, just noticeable. It still had the original tag and a typed and hand-written guarantee to the original purchaser. I did re-string because the original strings were on in an interesting way.
    It plays like a dream. Super low action, really comfortable, and the fretwork is beautiful.
    Of all my instruments, it is the best crafted. Fit and finish are amazing, and the quality of the wood is really something. The fingerboard is rosewood but is as smooth and hard as high-quality ebony.
    Pickups are *very* strong and tend towards bright. It responds well to a gentle touch and I play near the neck because I like mellower tones.
    All in all, it's a work of art as much as an instrument. It's unusual, but very well done. A real gem.

Here are a few more pics:

DJ '65, pudgychef, MCF and 4 others like this.
  14. Nice to see them all in one place.

It can get kinda crowded
    Double Bass at home.

15. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    Trust me, I have been contemplating a doghouse (or two). And a White Falcon...

16. Londo Molari

Londo Molari

Jan 1, 2014
    2 blocks east of Mars
    Decendant from the Clovis culture. "Emitting that wonderful bass effect since 1970".
    Do those pups get into Rickenbacker territory? And what's up with the 2 switches?

17. Axstar

Axstar SUSPENDED

Jul 8, 2016
    East of Eden.
    The nut on that Microfrets bass is amazing! Well ahead of the curve with that one.

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  18. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    I would say a bit Ric-like, but I'm not super-familiar with Rics, to be honest. They do remind me of the blade pickups that are on the Gibson G3. Both are Bill Lawrence designs. One switch is a conventional neck/both/bridge P/U switch like on a guitar, and the other is a normal/bright switch.

19. ThuzzleFump

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    It is *pretty* cool, IMO, and the intonation and action really are fantastic.

Axstar likes this.
  20. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Bass Whisperer.

ThuzzleFump likes this.