things you could do with windows sounds...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yvon, Dec 4, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wow....the person that came up with that had to be a government employee.

We nailed a guy at work recently for spending 3/4 of his day making clever, he called them "cute", PowerPoint presentations for friends and family.

2. My dad once went onto a guy's computer at work, and changed the "You've got mail" wav to the Tarzan Yell. Then he cranked the guys volume, and sent him an e-mail just as he sat down to his desk. Apparently having your computer scream like Tarzan at you can cause you to shriek like a little girl.:D

Rock on
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I worked for Apple Computers in a call center back in the late 90s... I changed a guys desktop picture to be a nasty shot of a guy puking.... and put about 70 shortcuts to a "Puking" sound file in his start up menu :bassist:

on older macs... the internal speaker played all sounds unless external speakers are plugged in. The only way to silence it is to mute the system, which needs you at the sound control panel :smug: MacOS classic (7.6 or 8.1 at the time) doesn't multi task :D so you have to basically wait till the puking ended to turn off the puking
  4. Seen that a while ago, still entertaining. The visuals really make that.

Along the same lines of the thread, I used to have microsoft golf for windows 3.11. It used wave files for sound effects. A microphone, and sound recorder...and new sound effects for the frogs/birds/etc.

Instead of birds making...well...bird noises, It was me saying chirp. Frogs said frog. Genius. the sounds cycled randomly, so you would hear me every once in a while. The best was replacing the ball strike noise w/ me screaming. Was super fun to challange somebody I didn't know to golf on the computer. Make them go first, was a super time.

Ahh...the old school days.
  5. Some people just have way too much time on their hands...