1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

thinking about getting an undercut!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tomass, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Ok so i got long hair, like a large majority of metal heads (dont contradict this). But unlike some metal heads my hair is really ****** thick, its about 2 inchs past the top of my shoulders and just curls up and all that. This means that head banging looks bad and cannot be executed properly. One solution that i have been thinking of is getting an undercut, much like what Jason Newstead had, maybe not to the exten that he had, just about an inch and half. Would doing this make my hair less thicker and enhance ultimate head banging windmills, or should i just wait for the hair to grow out longer and see if the weight will at least keep it straight enough.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    How 1990.

:D

3. I use a completely natural chamomile soap. I can't say the name. Doctor somebody. Chamomile soap. You can use it as toothpaste. It's that clean. You can get in the shower with a toothbrush, wash your hair and your teeth at the same time. The suds will trickle down into your mouth and you can continue brushing, and as it trickles down further, do the rest of your body as it runs. It's an all-over washer. So I don't do anything to the atmosphere. I've never used a conditioner, because if things were honest a conditioner would be called "shampoo remover." You want to talk to some of the others?

4. Translation: Sorry man, I can't help ya. I cut my locks a haven't looked back.

5. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    A shave and a whig. That's what you need.

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Dittos man. Much easier to keep up.

7. Plus, I got the warm fuzzies from donating it to Locks of Love.

8. I thought you were talking about getting nuetered :eek:

IMHO, shave your head and wear one of these :bassist:

57511ChineseHatPigtail.

9. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    the only real solution is dreads...

10. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    :confused: what does British politics have to do with his hairstyle??

11. everything.

12. Dude, don't do it...it IS so 90's early 90's, and not in a good way. What, you gonna put it in a top pony tail, and look like a duck decoy from a side profile? :smug:

If you're bored or wanting change, shave your head and start over or something...that's what I did, after having an "undercut" WHEN it was popular in the 90's, and have no regrets. :)

Short is the new long.

13. Lol!

When I read the title of the thread I thought it said that you wanted to get an uppercut...:eyebrow:

Figured there would be a line of people ready to punch you out. :p

edit - can't help you with the real question..

14. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Entymology, my dear What's on!

15. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Alrighty then! :p

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Funny thing, my name is Tom too, and I have long hair, and have been considering the same thing.

For now I will let it grow out. It does look kind of poofy in the back, but I'm thinking the extra weight might make it flatter. If not, then I will have to try hair surgery.

Err... I just googled "undercut" and it's not what I thought it was. I don't think you meant that either.

17. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    You'd be my hero if you got the Newsted. Do it. And post pics.

18. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    The songwriter of my side project introduced me as Lead Hair and bass.

[​IMG]

Thermasilk shampoo and conditioner. That's all I do for my hair.

I only undercut the bottom 1/2" of my neck, to get rid of all those thin scrawly hairs at the bottom that never seem to get pulled up into my ponytail. It looked so weasly and scrubby, so I just trim it a bit under there.

19. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I should get around to that, too. It makes me look like a bum when all that neck hair sticks out when I have a pony tail.

Especially since I tend to shave only once a week.

20. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    hey hippie! get a haircut!:D